Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

installed a new line but internet does not work!!!!

Highly frustrated as I write this post! Installation was done and installer called in to get my username and password and they were offline since 10am on Friday until 1pm yesterday.

TIN number was issued 3 times and then when I called 10210, they advised me that all 3 numbers belonged to other customers...

So I paid for a service, wasted my airtime and still offline because the Agents in the Sales Dept are a bunch of twarts! 

The amazing thing was that the New Sales Dept was online - so they are able to get new customers but not help their existing ones cause they already took our money!

As a new customer, I am highly disappointed and feel like this is not the kind of internet provider I want to have - rather cut my losses and go with MWEB or another provider who is on par and not offline! 

Telkom should change their name to the offline store where yout issues come to die!!!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: installed a new line but internet does not work!!!!

Hi @Racheal

Sorry to hear this but we’re also customers in the forum ( no other link to Telkom) and we’re unable to help with service related issues.

Telkom support agents at the call centres rely on the system for TIN numbers to connect new installations - hopefully it's now restored but if still no joy there message your details  & refs to a Telkom media support team - they usually speed things up and will send you proper feedback :

* Facebook: TelkomZA

* Twitter:   @telkomza

& email the same to support@telkom.co.za ( my issues were fixed after that)

Hope this helps.

I was searching if i was the only one with this problem. I installed a new line on 18 May 2018, since then i've been struggeling to get my tin number activated, to get a username and password where in your case you've already received. Have you been able to sort out your problem? I've tried e-mail mentioned by Cathy still  waiting on  a reply.

@Racheal wrote:

Highly frustrated as I write this post! Installation was done and installer called in to get my username and password and they were offline since 10am on Friday until 1pm yesterday.

TIN number was issued 3 times and then when I called 10210, they advised me that all 3 numbers belonged to other customers...

So I paid for a service, wasted my airtime and still offline because the Agents in the Sales Dept are a bunch of twarts! 

The amazing thing was that the New Sales Dept was online - so they are able to get new customers but not help their existing ones cause they already took our money!

As a new customer, I am highly disappointed and feel like this is not the kind of internet provider I want to have - rather cut my losses and go with MWEB or another provider who is on par and not offline! 

Telkom should change their name to the offline store where yout issues come to die!!!!!

From the day i went into Telkom i had the worst service. My ADSL Line is in for one week and already my Internet is off. It's been off since last night and when i called they cant tell me what the problem is or when my line will be back on. Last night someone said It's maintenance  - so if it is then inform your customers about this so that we can prepare dont leave us hanging because to call you guys alone costs a penny. 

Telkom has no sense of responsibllity when it comes to their customers. and i cut them all from the same cloth because i never get help or feel comfortable leaving a problem with anyone. i always have to follow up on my queries. I would never recommend anyone to you guys and i feel that i should cancel my subscription and choose a network that will be more accomadating and willing. 

Monique 

Monique Shand
About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 Contributors