Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

internet connection with AGP-KW125

At the moment I use clearcom WF-105 unit that connects to internet by cable to computer port and phone. Since I have the AGP-KW125, I cannot, because the supplied cable , computer to phone, charges phone instead of connecting to net!!

What am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong type of phone?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: internet connection with AGP-KW125

• @PHB
    The device you specified is a VoIP device. 
    I don't seem to understand what you mean, could you list this for me in the order:

• How is the phone connected?
  • Do you have a VoIP provider?
  • What modem do you use?
  • Has the phone been configured for your VoIP provider? (if point number 3 has been answered as "Yes".)
Highlighted

Haiko, thanks for answering! I am a novice to computering and appreciate your taking me under your wing.

I do not know what a volp device is

My phone is connected by usb cable , phone to computer provided in the package

My computer is a in a gigabite chassis with windows 7.

My modem is a USB modem Telkom internet

I am not configured to volp provider, I do not know how to. 

I am sorry if I sound stupid maybe I am at 86 years

Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PHB
Alright this cleared up a few things.

First off;
VoIP is basically Voice over Internet Protocol, meaning that it uses the internet to make calls, I see now that this phone is indeed VoIP capable, but it also has use for a sim card. 

This is, essentially, a glorified immobile cellphone. 

Insert sim, type in pin, if it asks for a passkey or passphrase it's 1122 and you should be able to call from it as if it was a regular phone. 

Highlighted

Haiko, Thanks again! I have no problems regarding  making calls . My problem is connecting to the internet. I get no response by using USB tethering  or WiFi tethering. When onnecting the supplied USB cable to the phone and the  computer port I normally use  , it charges the battery instead of connecting to the net. I really dont know where to go for a solution. Will you try again please??!!

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @PHB & @Haiku_za, I see there was a post previously describing how to set up a WiFi hotspot with this device.

Check out the post here - https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Phones-Tablets/Fixed-Wireless-Phone-Internet/td-p/2597

Highlighted
New Contributor

@PHB@NC
Have you tried enabling the data beforehand? - or just make sure it was enabled? 
From what I can see it is much like a cellphone, and regarding tethering you'd need to ensure the pc is connected via usb, then only enable usb tethering.

the steps for this are listed in the manual or the QS guide AFAIK 

Highlighted

Heiko, Thanks, I will try this I am sure it will be the solution!

You did a fine job in tutoring me!

PHB

About This Post
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors