Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

landline & router

Hi Guys 

I have two problems at the moment

1)

I ordered a 10 mb adsl line and it was installed yesterday 09/06/2016. I am currently experiencing an issue where I’m being told that the line is active but it is still under someone else’s name. The technician that i spoke to told me that it should be sorted by today and the line is still under someone else’s name.

I would like to know who long does it take for this issue to be sorted out?

2)

I was given a Netgear VDSL router with my username and password. When I connect the router all the other lights are green but  the internet sync light shows RED. I’ve followed the setup guides handed out with the modem clearly but when I enter the username and password for the router I get the USERNAME or Password is incorrect error at the router interface.

The technician said to use “admin” for the Username and password but I still get the same error.

I would like to find out if the problem is with the line or the router itself

Contributor

Re: landline & router

@Sakhile try defaulting the modem. At the back of ur modem is a small button called reset. Press it in until modem reboots and try again.

New Contributor

Re: landline & router

@Sakhile wrote:

Hi Guys 

I have two problems at the moment

1)

I ordered a 10 mb adsl line and it was installed yesterday 09/06/2016. I am currently experiencing an issue where I’m being told that the line is active but it is still under someone else’s name. The technician that i spoke to told me that it should be sorted by today and the line is still under someone else’s name.

I would like to know who long does it take for this issue to be sorted out?

2)

I was given a Netgear VDSL router with my username and password. When I connect the router all the other lights are green but  the internet sync light shows RED. I’ve followed the setup guides handed out with the modem clearly but when I enter the username and password for the router I get the USERNAME or Password is incorrect error at the router interface.

The technician said to use “admin” for the Username and password but I still get the same error.

I would like to find out if the problem is with the line or the router itself

@Sakhile
The default password for netgear routers is password.
The default password for extremely old netgear routers is 1234.

You can check on "statistics" or "Status" however if your sync light is red it indicates that you do not sync with the exchange, regardless of what ADSL data package you use, 

You could try with the telkom guest account, but if the sync light is red it's a line fault not the router/account.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors