Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

wifi installation

I applied at Telkom for wifi to be installed at my house. It was approved and installation was scheduled for 8 January 2016, yesterday. Telkom did not honour the installation and I took off from work for nothing. Upon calling 10210 to lodge a complaint I was told that they will get back to me which they never did. I was told that they later did come out which is not true no one from Telkom was here. How do I lodge a complaint or get hold of the person in charge of installation of wifi.
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: wifi installation

[ Edited ]

@Lenanel try these alternative service channels:

• Facebook: TelkomZA
  • Twitter:   @HelloTelkom
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 181180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email Telkom
  • Find a Store
Highlighted

EXACT same thing happened to me.. Except they arrived on the Saturday after that! Luckily I was home to let them in. BUT they then proceeded to install a voice line ONLY. So now its been 30 days and they STILL haven't ported my line to ADSL. Apparently there are no more ports left - who knows what that means. In the meantime I am still paying for a voiceline even though I don't even own a telephone - thw whole point of the line was to get internet.. Best of luck.,you're going to need it...

Highlighted
Contributor

@Lenanel I am not understanding your post. I never heard of telkom coming to install wifi at a house? Can you perhaps elaborate on the service you applied for 

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 Contributors