Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

BlackFriday LTE modem deal

Hi

I ordered applied for the Black Friday LTE modem deal for R199. I thereafter received an email stating that my order was confirmed. A few days later I received a phone call from Telkom saying that they were out of stock with the modem but they will get stock soon and get back to me. Thereafter I never heard from Telkom again. When I phone the sales department, after an extremely long wait they say that my order is not on the system and that the online department is still busy with the order. They claim to have escalated my order but still no response. When I go to the nearby Telkom Mobile store, they too give me the story about it being a problem with the online department. 

I have no clue as to what further steps I should so that my order may be sorted out.

Highlighted

Re: BlackFriday LTE modem deal

It seems they did not anticipate the uptake of the #BlackFriday Deals. Go in store & show them your sms confirming deal & it is should be deemed a binding contract. You can also consult Consumer Protection Act or an Ombudsman if you really WANT this deal! Good Luck
Highlighted

I have the same challenge. Went to store and their response was I need to phone as this was an online purchase (they cant sort it out in store). Phoning seems to be very problematic as one is placed on hold forever!!!

Highlighted

Hi 

Yes they say that they cannot help in store. The online sales department also isnt helping. This kind of service is terrible.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 Contributors