Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Cannot Send Email - IP Adress Blacklisted

It's been a whole month already, this lot the one hand doesn't seem to know what the other is doing.  It's taken me a month to find out what's going on and that was found out via Google.  You cannot get past the first line of ignorance or incopetence.  It's as if their system in impenetrable, there is no way of speaking to a human being that can actualy walk down a passage and see if the technicians are actually there.  They can ONLY communicate via the system - problem has been escalated, again and again.  They're not there now call Monday, Monday has gone, can't help they are only there tomorrow bussiness hours.  It goes on and on, hours and hours on the phone.  Dropped calls - 4 of them today from told to wait indefinitely to just dropping the call.

The new acount I opened and not even used yet is already "hacked" or whatever - how is this possible?  Yes I have a proper anti-virus (not free version) up to date daily.

Is there any other way of dealing with this dysfunctional lot?  No, they don't answer the complaint email adress either.  neither can you get help at the walk in store, they told me to call 10210.  By the way in frustration cancelled my ISP by telkom and joined MWEB, they are WORSE at least here the hours you hang on the landline is for free - cancelled MWEB again after the first week.  What on earth is a person left to do ??

Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Cannot Send Email - IP Adress Blacklisted

Forgot to mention - Outlook has worked until this happened, one person will try help other says Outlook not their problem - can't help.   They only trained to assist with Do Messaging.  Can't find any way of going into settings with Do Messaging, told that it's done by the Technicians, they gone by 5 pm until the next morning.

Forget Outlook for a moment - Do Messaging, send myself a mail it lands in the SPAM folder.  Both with the old "hacked" adress and the new one which I am still to use.  How can these things be difficult for persons employed in this field to explain or direct a customer to where and how it can be adressed ?

Established Member

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP - HOW CAN A PERSON GET HOLD OF ANYONE BEYOND 10210?

NOTHING THEY PROVIDE WORKS NOT EVEN THE TELKOM HEAD OFFICE LANDLINE LISTED ON THE INTERNET - "THE NUMBER YOU ARE CALLING DOES NOT EXIST !"

PLEASE PEOPLE SURELY THERE IS SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS A PERSON THAT CAN WALK DOWN A CORRIDOR SOMEWHERE AND FIND OUT WHAT THE HELL THE PROBLEM IS THAT THERE IS AS IN NOTHING GOING ON BEYOND THE CALL CENTRE AND THE MARKETING  PEOPLE HARASSING YOU TO SIGN UP.

Established Member

Six weeks into this - no further besides hours upon hours wasted time trying to resolve over the phone.  Given up be it they keep charging for both this and the LTE acount that was cancelled but still not cancelled.  There's no point - call this whatever tax owed by the folk for whatever it will be spent on by them without providing the service.  If ne stops paying they blacklist so to save them that just carry paying them until it howefully fades out one day.

I have changed my ISP to Cool Ideas, now I can't send any emails from my telkom email account.  Cool Ideas informd me that they do not have an email facility and therefor Telkom must assist me so my emails that I send get authenticated to pass through the server.  I have been sent all over by Telkom..not sure anyone knows what to do and what outgoing server address to use.  Anyone here that use Cool Ideas and has a Telkom email address that can help me with the settings? Thanks

[ Edited ]

I am in the same position.  For more than 4 weeks I have not been able to send an email as the technical back office at Telkom seem to be totally unable to resolve my query.  It appears to be a SMTP issue via my intekom account where the settings need to be changed.  This cannot be done on MS Outlook as any new input is not captured. . Have resorted to gmail, but htat's not good for my business image. Be warned, people, the 10217 business help contact number is operated by staff who "sincerely apologize for the frustration" and "we will escalate your problem to the Technical Dept" and "not-a-problem but enjoy your day" and then do sweet Fanny. 

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 3 Contributors