Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Cannot connect to certain sites

[ Edited ]

two connections are not working, the forum website www.desteria.com is unreachable on any device connected to the wifi. When I use another internet provider, it goes through. Disabled my firewall and I am not using any proxy or VPN. There are no MAC/url/block filters active on my router and I set my router to default with a reboot. But still not connecting. Does telkom ISP block certain sites? the website is a forum for an online game server, the game server itself is also unaccesable. Although other servers on the same game works, besides the desteria one. clearly my interent is working, I'm sending this message through it. All my friends can access these sites and servers, Please help

Screenshot (44).pngScreenshot (43).png

Re: Cannot connect to certain sites

Where you based?  I am in Pretoria, Lynnwood.

Having silmilar issues but just with certain sites.  Also noticed that the Telkom.co.za site is not accessible.

I am on the Telkom LTE service.

Established Member

[ Edited ]

Cape Town, I'm using a telkom mobile contract and I never experienced this before. Just recently :/  yeah that too, took me a while to find the currently used onnetsecure.telkom.co.za site. 

*note: attempted to connect to the site using a proxy website.... got through, but this shouldnt be the case. Still cant access the game server and I dont see why I should enter the urls into an unblocking website whenever I use my telkom wifi.

Hi there!thought I'd throw in my bit aswell.i play an online game called Guild Wars 2 and it crashed at around 3pm this afternoon.with a firewall block error.since then I haven't been able to access the game or website that's affiliated with the game to even contact their support.after hours of disabling my router firewall/laptop firewall resetting cache rebooting etc I finally tried just accessing the website from someone's phone that's on vodacom and it instantly loaded.i realized then that it's a Telkom issue blocking me.just wanted to add this as maybe it's an online gaming issue Telkom is specifically having problems with?or blocking?hopes its fixed asap

Established Member

well here is further evidence... I used my phone's mobile hotspot (MTN) and to my suprise, I got into the server. Clearly telkom is blocking it. I want to stick with telkom, so if anyone knows why this is happening it would help.

Screenshot (96).pnguScreenshot (97).png

SAME ISSUES , THIS AFTERNOON I SUDDENLY  COULD NOT CONNECT TO WORLDOFTANKS.EU THROUGH TELKOM MOBILE. CONNECTED MY VODACOM PHONE AND BANG ! , INSTANLY CONNECTED AND AM ABLE TO PLAY. THIS IS CLEARLY A TELKOM ISSUE.

MY BROTHER IS ON TELKOM ADSL AND HE CAN CONNECT , BUT I JUST CANNOT CONNECT THROUGH TELKOM MOBILE.

SAME ISSUES , THIS AFTERNOON I SUDDENLY COULD NOT CONNECT TO WORLDOFTANKS.EU THROUGH TELKOM MOBILE. CONNECTED MY VODACOM PHONE AND BANG ! , INSTANLY CONNECTED AND AM ABLE TO PLAY. THIS IS CLEARLY A TELKOM ISSUE.

MY BROTHER IS ON TELKOM ADSL AND HE CAN CONNECT , BUT I JUST CANNOT CONNECT THROUGH TELKOM MOBILE.

also on Telkom mobile.its frustrating cause the entire reason I have this contract is for online gaming.if anyone gets a response from them pls post it here
Established Member

well now I see that its not just me... the reason I have the wifi is for study purposes. Does it really matter if I play ONE online game now and again?. I would understand if I maybe had uncapped and you throttled, worse, blocked me from torrent downloads and related, but this isn't the case. I'm using a monthly bundle so it shouldn't matter if I use it all up or decide not to use it at all, I paid for it and thats that. I'm planning on changing to a different provider if this is not sorted out. 

Sorry, but it really is NOT ok, if its not telkom thats blocking me then please investigate what it is... I don't exactly know if I tried all possibilites, but I know its not the router, its not the laptop, and its not the firewall. it can't be the server since I logged in with my account using another internet source. Any feedback would be appreciated.

post it on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TelkomZA/

About This Post