Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Re: Cannot connect to certain sites

Note taken, but I did that earlier today, got a rsponce two hours ago. at the moment, Telkom is looking into it. Optimistically waiting for a response.

Established Member

I'm getting non-access to an overseas news site "www.breitbart.com" that I was reading up to last week. Pinging the URL gives a address translation, but no response. I can possibly understand blocking games sites, because they tend to be heavy on bandwidth, but a NEWS site?

Whenever I try to enter a query on the 'get help' Telkom page, it crashes IE, and my regular Firefox won't work on the Telkom web sites. Any ideas?

Hi all.
Amongst all the other sites, I cannot access the Telkom.co.za site.
Sites (shopify hosted) that were blocked yesterday were unblocked this morning and then blocked again now.
Telkom.co.za simply cannot be blocked from a Telkom user, can it? But it "currently" is for me.
Judging from my (less than one week) experience, this will unblocked by tomorrow.
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Saeed@Adam@RussWood@buju357@tammytotter, Can I ask that you all call 081180 to report this to the Telkom Mobile helpdesk so that they can get this investigated. I will raise this issue, but they would need your service numbers as well.

output_Svao80.gif
Moderator Moderator

Hi @Saeed, can I ask that you please post a Trace Route to the server you are battling with. Our network guys need this to investigate.

output_Svao80.gif
Established Member

I am currently at college at the moment, I will do this as soon as I get home. About after 5pm today. Should I post my details here?
Moderator Moderator

@Saeed, dont forget that Tracert, and no you can just update your profile with your details (not on the public wall)

output_Svao80.gif

I have had the same issues guys, I would not recommend telkom as an ISP at all if you are an online gamer as I have had so many issues with

multiple online game servers (Like Star Citizen, Elite Dangerous just to name a few) I can't connect to via Telkom's ISP. As soon as I try to connect using another ISP (Note: Using the same router from the same location) I connect without an issue.

I have tried contacting Telkom's support a couple of times and tried explaning the issue as best I could but all they keep doing is resetting my port (Which does nothing to solve the issue, by the way) and I'm stuck back where I was. So as soon as my contract period with telkom expires this year Im switching to another ISP asap!

Normal downloads  doesn't seem to be affected but as I am an online gamer there isn't much of a choice for me but to switch ISP's.

Hi I am trying to log on to playmore golf cannt acsess with telkom fine with vodacom. Same with British airways 

Any advice appreciated.

Rgds

Not just gaming sites

I am trying access my own wordpress blog and it won't let me, so frustrating!

About This Post