Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Cannot connect to certain sites

Its not just gaming sites, I can't get to my own wordpress website 

Telkom has also blocked websites that I use for business.  Ebay.com, aliexpress.com, outlook.com and paypal are not working with Telkom LTE.  If I use any other service provider it connects with no issue using the same modem.  I am fuming mad as I have just migrated to a higher package for buiness and its now useless to me.  Telkom call center is unhelpful and so it Telkom.  I cannot pay for something I cannot use.

mh

Hi All im having the same issues, has any one managed to find out how to get Telkom to unblock a site or sites?

Ditto with me. Paypal and MailChimp won't let me in, but if I use my MTN data on my phone I can get through. There has also been a significant slowdown in the speed of the connection. I'm on their LTE router package.

Ditto with me. I'm on a LTE package. I can't get into Paypal or MailChimp...both of which I need for work. Speed seems to also have been affected.

Established Member

Me too, folks:

Examples of inaccessible sites are:

• Telkom.co.za (including THIS page),
  • Wootware.co.za,
  • Adobe.com and related sites,
  • Ithuba (National Lottery site),
  • Others which I can't remember at this stage.

Even my present conversation is happening over a wireless hotspot from a mobile device.   This has been the cae for at least four days, and it has happened in the past as well (early December).

The Adobe lockout is particularly distressing, since I am a photographer, and rely on this connectivity to practice my art.

Very frustrating.   WHAT CAN I DO, PLEASE?

Established Member

PS.  I see 26 messages, but only one response from Telkom people.... 

How does this "community" system work?

I can give a case number form my issue, logged during early December: 19997041.

I receive occasional sms messages from Telkom assuring me that the case is still being investigated.   This surely should not take so long?

I saw a previous comment regarding the use of an independent proxy server.  How does one find one of these in the cloud?   Have to solve my  problem ASAP, even through such a "patch" solution.

Moderator Moderator

Hi everyone. There has been a few DNS issues experienced. Our admins are looking into it. Are there still members experiencing this problem?

Please private message me your IP Address, LTE number and sites having problems to.

output_Svao80.gif

Still having problems.  PM sent!

Hi

Cant access https://www.atwork.co.za/login

It is the financial planning software i use for work, daily, all day...

Stopped working Monday this week.

I am having to hotspot my cellphone to get access to this site - works from any other wifi network or cell hotspot on MTN and Voda. 

Literally only have the ptoblem when on the Telkom LTE router

About This Post