Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot send e-mail

Cannot forward emails from received emails.  Get message that server does not alow relayed message

Re: Cannot send e-mail

Cannot forward messages received to other email adress because " server does not allow relaying messages". I have this problem since Januarie

Frequent Contributor

Checking on this issue there seems to be two possibilities to address this:

1. Change SMTP settings - try to use just smtp.telkomsa.net instead of smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net - not sure what you are set to right now?
  2. Do a complete workaround - why not create a gmail address and then set the gmail address to check your Telkom account?  Then you can either just use the gmail client, or use Gmail's servers in the mail client. You can set up Gmail so that it is invisible and works as if it is the Telkom address.  Added benefit is that your mail is also backed up on Gmail server.  Not sure how much help you would need for this but this link provides some info on getting Gmail to check another account.
Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)
Moderator Moderator

@ThomasSchmidt Hi, maybe you can flesh out your discription with more details in order to give members more to work with.

eg. is this forwarding within a mail client like Outlook, or are you trying to add a forwarder onto a mailbox? What settings do you currently use etc....

output_Svao80.gif

I am not closer to a solution. From my ipad Ican send a email like this one. If I want to to forward an received email to someone else ai get the following message "the server smtl.dsl.telkomsa " cannot be connected or this server does not support relaying of a message. I can do it from my gmail email on my IPad.  I have tried to chande server as suggested but still same problem. I use gmail accont as my default now but have now 45 emails in outbox that I can manage to send to any one. 

Thank you for your response. Regards

Regular Contributor

@ThomasSchmidt when you forward, are you sending FROM telkomsa.net or FROM gmail.com?

If you are connected with ADSL (Wifi) on your iPad, then you can send @telkomsa.net emails using smtp.dsl.telkomsa.net.

If you connected with say Internet Solutions, MTN, Neotel, Vodacom 3g etc..., then you cannot send on that Telkom SMTP. You will need to use that networks SMTP settings. Vodacoms SMTP will not relay telkomsa.net email on its server.

If you are connected with ADSL/3G,  you will be unable to send @gmail.com email using the Telkom or Vodacom SMTP servers. Those servers do not allow you to relay a 3rd party email address on their network as this is to stop you from spoofing and therefore limit SPAM.

Getting multiple email accounts to work using multiple networks can become tricky

List of SMTP servers for different networks.

Cannot forward messages received to other email adress because " server does not allow relaying messages". I have this problem since  06-08-2018  Telkom cannot help to restore.!!!!!! Please help.

Telkom is hosting my company's domain and Emails. I have not been able to receive nor send emails from 17 October 2018 to date. I have been on the phone since then with both 10217 and 10210 including daily emails to hostmaster and support. I have seen and heard mediocrity at its best. The common answer is that "we are aware of the problem and telkom emails are down".

Established Member

5 WEEKS NOW ARE EEVRYTHING POSSIBLE TRIED INCLUDING CANCELLING MY ACOUNT AND RE-ACTIVATING TWICE AS WELL AS CREATE A SECOND ACOUNT - THE SECOND NEW ACOUNT NOT EVEN USED DOES NOT WORK.

POINT IS NOT THE FAULT, BUT THE FACT YOU CANNOT PENETRATE THE SYSTEM THESE MORONS HAVE SET UP.  YOU CANNOT GET PAST THAT "MATTER BEING ATTENDED TO INSULT.  HOURS WASTED ON THE PHONE, DOZENS OF EMAILS - NOTHING.

Please can anyone help or explain what is going on - is there actually still a technical department beyond 10210?

Here is an email I managed to find out - I asume the very people that we do not know if they still exist or not the service desk that swears at you ("the matter is being attended to") via the call centre person:

servicedesk@telk.co.za

Mail them and see if any of you sitting with this frustration managed to get a response.  Or if it is eventually blocked then you know they have no intent in communicating with you at all until they feel fit to do so.

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 Contributors