Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Cannot send from gmail to Telkom

Since Friday, I've been unable to send emails from two different gmail accounts to two different Telkom email addresses. Gmail kicks back a MX lookup error which means Telkom's email server is not responsing to Googles requests!

Re: Cannot send from gmail to Telkom

I have the same problem, first became aware on Friday 16/06/2017.  At least three different Gmail addresses are reporting the same error.

Action: delayed
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; DNS Error: 61282694 DNS type 'mx' lookup of telkomsa.net responded with code SERVFAIL
Last-Attempt-Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2017 09:54:36 -0700 (PDT)
Will-Retry-Until: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 08:20:06 -0700 (PDT)

I have attempted to report this to 10210, but they appear not to comprehend the situation and refuse to escalate to any email support function.  Solution is to hang up on the customer.

As there anyone who this can be reported to?

Frequent Contributor

Sent a tweet to Telkom at the weekend but got the same canned response saying "please DM us your details".

I told them that the problem is with the Telkom DNS MX lookup entry. ie the problem is on THEIR end.

Seems things are working this morning but it ticks me off that they don't have monitoring systems staffed by competent engineers.

Another useless SOE.

Having the same problem today. Only realised a problem when 3 clients contacted me to say email was bouncing back from their gmail account. Logged a call with Telkom today

Hi,

I got through to Telkom second line support and explained the problem. The engineer seemed to understood what the issue was I was reporting and said they would log it with their support staff. That was at 11:45 today (Monday)

I have now 14:00 - 19/06/2017 started receiving some new messages from Gmail.

The previously undelivered messages have not yet arrived.

They may still be delivered when Gmail retries.

Also started to receive mails from Gmail this afternoon, but now the problem has reappeared and nothing coming through from Gmail

Checked this morning and the problem is still occurring, no mails being received from Gmail sources

Just receicved a telephone call from a Telkom agent in regards this problem (09h00 20/6)

She tested by sending a mail from her Gmail account and I received it in my Telkom mailbox shortly after. I then sent a mail from my mobile & laptop Gmail accounts and nothing has been received in my Telkom mailbox yet or in the do.messaging online mailbox

I informed her that this problem was not unique to me and that various other people on the Telkom Community had been having the same problem, that didn't seem to matter

When I requested that this get escalated she said she couldn't as she had proved the problem is not a Telkom issue as I received the mail from her!

"Sorry to inform I won't be able to escalate the problem to our high department as I send a test email to your email from my gmail account and you were able to receive and reply back. We can only escalate when we tested and prove that the problem is with Telkom".

I'm now going to try logging a call with Gmail, to try to get to the bottom of who is causing the problem

Now receiving old error messages from Gmail:

The response was:

550 Your email address have Sent multiple Mails To email adresses that does not Exist,You reached your Hourly Limit.

Final-Recipient: rfc822;
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; mx2.telkomsa.net. (196.25.211.172, the server for the domain telkomsa.net.)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 Your email address have Sent multiple  Mails To email adresses that does not Exist,You reached your Hourly Limit.
Last-Attempt-Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2017 03:01:42 -0700 (PDT)

About This Post
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors