Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Complaint Bad Service and Service Turn Around Times

I logged a call on the 25 November 2017 to get my WiFi cancelled (received confirmation email that request was logged). The sales representative at the Fourways mall telkom store indicated that the request wou;ld take around 21 days to resolve. To date I have not received any feedback from Telkom regarding my request (case number 21935146). I have phones the service line on numerous occassions to get it resolved i.e. 8/1/2018, 11/1/2018 and 19/1/2018. Everytime I was told that it would be escalated and that Telkom will contact me shortly to resolve the issue. I have now proceded to email the call center representatives on a daily basis to also try and get this resolved and have also used facebook to tag Telkom in a complaint. 

This is really bad service. Really hope that Telkom can resolve this with urgency. 

Re: Complaint Bad Service and Service Turn Around Times

Hi

To date I have not even recieved a response from Telkom. I will now be forced to report Telkom to ICASA, because phoning, emailing and this community does not even get Telkom to reply. 

This is really terrible service. 

Regards, 

Karen 

I had exactly the same problem. Telkom did not cancell my ADSL internet contract despite sending me a mail to confirm that they had received my cancellation form.. I had to phone their customer care line 7 times and visit the Menly store before `I got a positive response.

their service is shocking!

i took up a free me sim card that was supposed to cost me only R99 per month. The first month Telkom debited me R183.00 the second month R116.00 and the third month R117.00. I the decidied to cancel the simcard. i cannot do that now because of oustanding charges that incurred from i dont know where. the staff is not very helpful as everything i ask them their answer is "i dont know". my sim card in the few months that i have it only touched a phone twice. i am being charged fees on my bank account because Telkom decides to debit when they are not supposed to. i have never received via email or post an account on this sim card. if this is not sorted out soonest the ombudsman will be contacted.i dont see why my name should be dragged through the mud because of Telkoms incompetence.

My wifi is off for more than a week when I complain the tell me more people must complain before they can mak it a priority and they do not put you throw and then you can't rate them very bad service and unhelpful at three rivers branch

Valued Contributor

Hi @Walkerjl @candice2 @KP123 @Nakita1313

The community is a public forum for Telkom customers to help each other. There are no Telkom support agents here. 

Service related issues & complaints are attended only by Telkom support channels :- 

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Announcements/Telkom-Service-Channels-How-to-get-Help/m-p/1768#M13

We know how frustrating it can be to get answers . If no joy from the call centres send a detailed message to a Telkom media support team for decent response & feedback :- 

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

email : support@telkom.co.za

Incude the details of your issue, contract number, and previous Telkom refs /dates you've been given.

Hope this helps.  Good luck - please let us know what happens.

To Whom It May Concern,

I logged the following calls to Telkom

• 16 January 2019 – 1CNI160119                  (fault was closed by a Telkom technician without fixing our lines).
  • 17 January 2019 – 12ANI170119               (fault was closed by a Telkom technician without fixing our lines).
  • 22 January 2019 – 102ANI220119             (fault is still open without any resolution).

I received the following Escalation reference:

We have been told that this matter has been escalated since the 16th of January 2019 and marked as urgent however to date we since do not have telephone lines.  The service from Telkom is rather alarming as we have mentioned on numerous occasions that we are a business and we paying for this service.

It is of utmost importance that our telephone lines are working.

Please can you revert back to us as soon as possible regarding the above.

To Whom It May Concern, I logged the following calls to Telkom:  16 January 2019 – 1CNI160119 (fault was closed by a Telkom technician without fixing our lines).  17 January 2019 – 12ANI170119 (fault was closed by a Telkom technician without fixing our lines).  22 January 2019 – 102ANI220119 (fault is still open without any resolution). I received the following Escalation reference:  1143793  1145368 We have been told that this matter has been escalated since the 16th of January 2019 and marked as urgent however to date we since do not have telephone lines. The service from Telkom is rather alarming as we have mentioned on numerous occasions that we are a business and we paying for this service. It is of utmost importance that our telephone lines are working. Please can you revert back to us as soon as possible regarding the above.

Hi 

I placed my order for the February deal on the 4th Feb.

I received my order no Feb then have to deal with the in competence courier service who states delivery will be with in 24 hours.

5 days later I'm still awaiting my package with feedback. we will advise after we make contact with the department.

i call using my own time to arrange ore even track my package.

I need feedback asap..

Cancelled my Vodacom contract of R400 to get a Telkom contract.... How is it possible that I qualify for a sim contract of up to a R1000 but Telkom can't give me a phone and sim contract for R249. They tell me to go to Telkom mobile shop the consultants... Nearest one is 400 km and in Kimberley ... Tried phoning shop in Kimberley, Bloemfontein and worchester ... Nooooo answer.... This is pathetic... 079 067 3633    janinecroucamp@yahoo.com

About This Post
  • 11 replies
  • 8 kudos
  • 9 Contributors