Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Complaint Bad Service and Service Turn Around Times

Im looking to complain about telkom and I still need to join a community???? You guys are starting to become just like cell c, I will be porting back to vodacom tomorrow, I cant keep topping up and 15min late get an sms that my balance is lower than R5. Where is my money going???????

Thanks for nothing telkom and goodbye, hello again vodacom

Im looking to complain about telkom and I still need to join a community???? You guys are starting to become just like cell c, I will be porting back to vodacom tomorrow, I cant keep topping up and 15min late get an sms that my balance is lower than R5. Where is my money going???????

Thanks for nothing telkom and goodbye, hello again vodacom

Highlighted
Established Member

Telkom is Actually Stealing my Data and Changed: Complaint Bad Service and Service Turn Around Times

[ Edited ]

Telkom is Actually Stealing my Data and Changed my contract on their own. Good Day Everyone, Please let me know if anyone has any Data Contracts with Telkom which include Promotional Data as Telkom is no longer using the Promotional Data and taking Data from the New Month. I am checking if anyone else is also experiencing the same issue with Telkom. Telkom is now using only my Inclusive Data and not touching the Promotional Data at all. When my Inclusive Data Finishes instead of using the Promotional Data they start to steal Data from the New Month. This started happening 3 to 4 Months Ago. Everyone with Promotional Data should check this as the Promotional Data is now just a Gimmick / Con / Scam if Telkom does not use it.

Thanks & Best Regards

Laurent M Naidoo

INTERNATIONAL TRADE MANAGEMENT (PTY) LTD
The Cheapest Customs Clearing Agents
285/3 West Road, Pomona,
Kempton Park, Gauteng, 1619

Cell : 084-504 5686
Tel : 011-845 7043
Fax : 011-845 7045
Email : ops@itmza.com
Email : Laurentmnaidoo@gmail.com
Web : www.itmza.com

My experience is similar

After many months of phone calls, emails, visits to Woodlands service provider to try and understand my account, in exasperation I cancelled my Telkom Internet Wi-Fi account on 21st August.

Due to ongoing enigmatic poor service i have experienced from inept staff since February this year, i paid regular follow-up visits to Woodlands service provider to ensure my account had indeed been cancelled. Scheduled switch-off after one month's notice, was for 21st September?
I needed confirmation because i required a seamless Wi-Fi uninterrupted internet change and obviously did not want two contracts with two different service providers running simultaneously.
The many Telkom assurances on my cancellation received was affirmative, so with some trepidation, i proceeded with another contract for a new service provider. Come 21st September my Telkom internet is still on and my new service provider will be installed 31 September (i delayed introduction just to be on the safe side of Telkom switch off). I was beyond angry when I yet again visited Woodlands Telkom service provider. The insensitive manageress suggested i only requested partial cancellation and my Wi-Fi account is still active?
I was reduced to a gobsmacked irate wreck and have again cancelled the rest of my Telkom account without any knowledge of when it will finally be switched off?
My fear of two accounts has become self-fulfilling and I am now faced with a double account from two different service providers due to unacceptable misunderstood service with no tangible resolution in sight?

Same here. Have a similar problem with them not using my night time data. And when asked they give generic ridiculous answers but no resolves to the problem at hand.

On 3 December 2019 I cancelled my LTE wifi service but I stipulated that I only wanted it to be cancelled on 3 January 2020 as I would be paying up until then.  I received a call on 5 December 2019 from a Telkom representative confirming the cancellation.  I stressed that I only wanted the service terminated from 3 January 2020.  I got home later that day to discover that my service was terminated.  I spent about an hour on the phone that afternoon trying to have it restored.  I was told to call the sales department the following morning.

I called on the morning of 6 December 2019 only to be told that my service could not be restored and that I would need to enter into a new contract with Telkom for another 2 years.  The reason for the cancellation was that I was not happy with the service itself and was being charged R907 per month for terrible LTE service.  I was prepared to pay the penalty of R1350 to terminate the service.  So I am paying up until the end of December 2019 but have no service.  Then I have to call Telkom on 3 January 2020 to get a refund from 5 December 2019 to end December 2019.  This termination on 5 December 2019 was through no fault on my part.  I clearly stipulated that I wanted the service terminated on 3 January 2020.  The Telkom representative even confirmed that the person who cancelled my service was wrong, but that there was nothing that could be done.  So I have no service until end of December 2019 but still need to pay!!!!!  What is wrong with this picture?

About This Post
  • 16 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 13 Contributors