Important! Community will be closing.

Please go to gethelp.telkom.co.za
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Cost of 2 to 4 Mbps

Someone from Telkom phoned me about upgrading from 2 to 4 Mbps, since I dont have a problem with 2 Mbps, I asked what it was going to cost, and I was told the difference would be about R36 per month, so I said OK, go ahead. However when I checked the rates on Telkom's web site, the price is more like R144 extra, so I phoned the sales people at Telkom and asked them to cancel the upgrade. They said there was no order for that upgrade, but they would make a note that it was to be cancelled if it came through. I posted this on the Telkom Facebook page, and got a message that someone from Telkom would contact me, but nothing has happened so far. As long as this order gets cancelled that is OK, but I will not be amused if I get billed an extra R144 at month end.  

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Cost of 2 to 4 Mbps

Hi @cat66, unfortunately we are not a Service Channel here, and not manned with service agents. Please try these options.

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10210 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
Highlighted
Established Member

Re: Cost of 2 to 4 Mbps

Thank you for the clarification.

As I said in the original post, I have posted it on Facebook, and I have spoken to Naleda (spelling?) on 10213 and both have told me it would be cancelled. The Facebook people said someone from Telkom would contact me but nothing so far. I just mentioned it here in case someone else had the same problem with the telephone quote not matching the actual cost   

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors