Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Domain name renewal

Telkom is the registrar for my .co.za domain and they let the domain renewal lapse on 19 Feb resulting in my web hosting and email services not working any more.  I have been trying since then to get the problem resolved by contacting 10210 (the logged fault keeps getting routed to telephone technicians which is a dead-end) and by emailing hostmaster@telkomsa.net (get an automated response with a ref # but no further action).  I am now at the end of my tether since my problem is nowhere near being resolved.

Can anyone point me in another direction?

Moderator Moderator

Re: Domain name renewal

Hi @spencerw, I have attempted to direct this to the Hostmaster at Telkom Internet. Let me know if you come don't come right.

output_Svao80.gif

Thanks.  Between you and the multiple calls to 10210, the domain was eventually renewed today and my services have resumed. That's just over 2 weeks without a service.  Totally unacceptable.

I am now transferring my services to another provider who will provider a better service.  It's starts with Telkom approving the domain transfer request (ticket number #909070 from hostmaster).  Let's see how long this takes...

Hi Moderator,

I am hoping you can assist again.  Following my response re transfer of domain on Thursday, things went exactly as expected.  Hostmaster has done nothing about the transfer request and in fact has deleted my "read receipt" emails without acknowledging it.  Ticket #909070 is still outstanding and the transfer request expires today.  I would appreciate your assistance in escalating this request.

Moderator Moderator

Hi @spencerw, I have directed this to the Hostmaster directly again. To my knowledge, the transfer request expires after 24hrs, so you would need to get your new host to put in the request again.

output_Svao80.gif

Hi NC,

Thanks for responding.  Please ignore the new post "Domain name transfer" as I though this post would be ignored since the first problem was resolved.  The transfer request lasts for 5 days, so that is how long I've been trying to get this sorted out.  The new ISP has re-issued the transfer request with a new expiry of 20 Mar.  I cannot understand what the hold-up is - all they have to do is respond to an email?  Many thanks for trying to help.

hi can you help reinsate a host email as telkom cancelled my services 

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors