Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Emails sent from WebMail are not reaching my clients.

[ Edited ]

My partner and I have an online news agency for a specific industry which requires us to send out three or four bulletins per day to around 12 clients.  

To ensure continuity with our clients, we operate the business from my partner's Telkom e-mail address.  We work in shifts and as we live in different parts of the country, the bulletin's I generate are emailed using my Partners webmail to ensure our clients receive all our bulletins from one address which is whitelisted on our clients' servers.

This has worked perfectly for over six years, however, in September 2017 all the bulletin's I sent from my partner's Webmail address were not being received by our clients despite being listed as sent mail.  Why is this happening?  

Our clients are still receiving emails that my partner sends but he works off his desktop through outlook.  However, any email's I send to our clients through webmail are not delivered but the bcc copy I send to my partner is. In effect we are working from the same email address - so why is Webmail not delivering the mail?

We have spent hours on the phone with Telkom and sent over 35 emails requesting support but are still in the same position five months later.  Please could someone help me.  This problem is slowly eating away at our business.

Thanking you in anticipation. 

Re: Emails sent from WebMail are not reaching my clients.

Hi, I have had the same problem ongoing for a number of years!!  Recently, an addressed email to another telkomsa user was delivered as spam, whilst most others simply never reach the destination address at all!  I have also spent fruitless and frustrating hours with Technical but no solution is ever forthcoming, it's beyond frustrating!!  Wondering if Telkom support ever read these posts.

I agree - SO frustrating.  I have come on to the community in desperation and am receiving "Kudos" from the forum for the number of views my message has had.  The Kudos mean absolutely nothing ... I'd far prefer to receive a solution to this problem that is negatively affecting our business. 

I agree - SO frustrating.  I have come on to the community in desperation and am receiving "Kudos" from the forum for the number of views my message has had.  The Kudos mean absolutely nothing ... I'd far prefer to receive a solution to this problem that is negatively affecting our business. I'm also wondering if there is any end in sight to our problem.

Valued Contributor

Hi @HeatherCull@2018--,

I also had some mails returned & others which disappeared - seems some recipient mail servers have Telkom's IP on blacklists.

Not sure if it'll help you but I posted a new thread here ;    https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Any-Other-Internet-Discussions/Telkom-IP-address-blacklisted-on-in...

Regards,

Kathy

Hi, There. I have experienced the same issue for the past 2 months. Calls to 10210 are useless. They fixed the problem for 2 days, but now I am back to square 1... my sent mails do not reach the recipients. I have used Telkomsa.net as my e-mail provider for more than 10 years. I am now considering changing my e-mail Service provider. Are there any other suggestions out there, before I commit?
Valued Contributor

Hi @AndreN99

I had similar issues so changed primary email after my Telkom mailbox (also  +10 years) was wiped  & replaced when upgrading to fibre last year. 

Message a detailed complaint to a media support team below,  hope they find a solution but suggest you use alternative mail concurrently for now.

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

and/or email to support@telkom.co.za

Hope this helps , good luck - please let us know what happens.

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 Contributors