Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Free Wifi 10gig

How do I access my Free 10gig Wifi data allocated every month
Regular Contributor

Re: Free Wifi 10gig

@DJAlbany, the free 10Gb WiFi is for Telkom Wifi hotspots found around the country in places like restuarants and shopping centres. I use the WiFi hotspot at Burger King. Check the link here on how to connect when in such a hotspot - https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/shop/plan/telkom-wifi-plan/

Highlighted

I've tried this, nothing works

I don’t think Telkom took the time to test their WiFi properly. I too can’t connect, iOS, Android, Windows, I’ve tried. Nothing works.

The WiFi requires a password! What must I do!?

I see this is an old but ongoing post.

If you can find a Telkom hotspot that actually still exists (there's loads on the map but so many I used to frequent have disappeared) then you must select the 1 Telkom Mobile connection and not the Telkom guest one.

You need to register your number on the portal and then go to manage your subscription. There you can set the wifi password.

When you're asked for a username and password the username is yournumber@telkommobile.net and your password.

I know there are some instructions on this forum for wifi authentication protocols but I'm typing this as I remember it.

Give it a go.

They keep bragging about the 10GB free wifi but so many hotspots are now defunct and the managers at the restaurants or cafes etc. don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 Contributors