Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FreeMe Family MultiSim Woes

Hi,

Can somebody please help.

My wife and I both had contracts with other providers, our contracts ended.

My wife took out a FamilyFreem 30GB contract in her name. Then ported her number to the main number on the Family FreeMe Package. Everything worked fine.

My contracted ended. I then ported my number to the 2nd sim on this same Family FreeMe package. Port worked, as I am able to get calls. Yet I am not able to use data or make calls outside of the telkom network. When we try allocate data, or voice minutes it fails with an error.

Call logged with call centre from 24th of Feb - Nothing has happened.

No assitance at telkom stores. 

So we sitting with a contract which promised up to 4 sims and only one works.

What do we do? Can anyone help?

J1
New Contributor

Re: FreeMe Family MultiSim Woes

I have a FreeMe family contract too but have not needed to load limits yet.

Try the USSD number *180#, just dial the number from the primary sim and answer the questions.

http://www.telkom.co.za/today/media/downloads/FreeMe_family_Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf

You could also try the portal which they claim works. Unfortunately the directed links have been down

Yesterday this was still working https://apps.telkom.co.za/access-manager/protected/view/mytelkom but looks like that is broken too now Smiley Frustrated 

When things go wrong at Telkom they take a long to resolve. That's my experience too, yes sometimes months Smiley Frustrated 

Thanks for the reply J1.

That is my problem. No limits have been loaded and from what I understand both sim have free reign of data & minutes that are available.

Yet on the 2nd sim, my phone. I cannot. When I try allocate using the *180# method it just fails with there was an error preforming the request.

Hence the call logged to call centre and hence my frustration.

I will try the portal link you sent though and see what happens.

J1
New Contributor

*180# needs to be from the primary sim

Portal has been down for almost a week and seems to still be

What about the app? Again no personal experience, try manage account

Store may be able to assist but this probably needs "backoffice " support which is luck of the draw

@J1wrote:

*180# needs to be from the primary sim

Portal has been down for almost a week and seems to still be

What about the app? Again no personal experience, try manage account

Store may be able to assist but this probably needs "backoffice " support which is luck of the draw

Tried from main sim, still no luck. App does not seem to work either, online it shows that now limits have been set for the numbers in question yet data and voice still don't work.

About This Post
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors