Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Has anyone actually receive their LIT TV box?

[ Edited ]

Weeks ago we upgraded our Home Unlimited subscription and were told we'd receive a free LIT TV box. To date one has not been delivered and on calling the call centre we've been told there is no stock?

Has anyone received theirs?

Re: Has anyone actually receive their LIT TV box?

my husband did an upgrade on our line an was promised the LIT TV BOX . NO Telkom store in Durban has any stock !!! we were told only recieving stock next year!

Just taken delivery  of the box which was delivered by a very friendly Courier IT person. That's approximately 5-6 weeks. 

But perhaps they have stock now so everyone will receive theirs

Lucky you!

I have signed up for the 100M uncapped in October and still have no LIT box!

Tired of driving to the shop just to be told no stock! :-(

You are lucky. i applied for my landline and adsl in September and still do not have an installation although they are charging me for it. Most pathetic and lack of response imaginable.

We had ours installed beginning of December 2017, and got told a courier would deliver by the 20th Dec. (at this point I’m wondering if they meant December 2018?)
Also been told there’s no stock, and they can’t confirm when stock will arrive. Maybe on the next transport ship from China?

I have the same problem. I downgraded from a 10meg to 4meg uncapped online deal after seeing the December advert.

I have not received a LIT box or modem to date.

My new bill does not even reflect the Lit box, however I see a new January advert promoting the LIT box, modem and range extender.

Calling the service centre is painful.(long waiting times, slow computer excuses, abrupt ending of calls whilst on hold, no call backs or follow ups, being passed from one call centre agent to another, call again and repeat...)

After enduring the long ines at the telkom store, they state that they cannot assist with online orders. I was informed to call the call centre for assistance.

The saddest part of this experience is that I have been paying for the 10 meg capped line for several years on a month to month contract at a substanially higher rate, however my download and upload speeds are the same after downgrading.

Disapointed.

Have some patience !!!!

I'm still waiting for the new modem, wifi dongle and Microsoft 365 when I upgraded like 3/4 years ago.

I eventually gave up on being sent from store to store, being told over the phone that they have stock, drive to the store to be told the person who I spoke to over the phone doesnt work in that store and they have no stock. Maponya Mall and SouthGate Mall when they do eventually answer their phones lie about their names, dont bother checking any stock levels and just tell you they have stock. After about 20 trips I eventually gave up on it.

Be prepared for a looooong wait. If it's not delivered to your door, chances are you're never going to get it.

OK - my story. Forget it, you will die of old age first. For anyone considering the LIT tv box it may work (i dont know yet) but set aside an hour a day for the next three months for conversations with 10213 and 10210 (each of them with ask you to phone the other). You will ONLY get one in store, DONT forget to ask for your free sim card, AND get them to link your sim to your aDSL!. Thereafter you will get a R1000 account for your free LIT TV box, so phone again and register a dispute. I recommend the speaker function on the telkom handset, for the hours on hold, you can just carry on and listen to the cheesy music

LIT??? Telkom cannot even get ADSL working for the last two weeks. Amateurs!!!

About This Post
  • 14 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 12 Contributors