Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do you cancel a Telkom Service?

I have no reason to cancel my service, but I noticed that so many members here are having trouble cancelling their Telkom Service. Forms are emailed or faxed and never get processed with people complaining for months in end. It seems the process is broken.

Can you please shead some light on this to save everyone the frustration.

Moderator Moderator

Re: How do you cancel a Telkom Service?

Hi @LordLethal

It has been a problem where we have been dropping the ball. Recently we added an online cancellation form to streamline the requests. Here are some directions.

1.     Log into the ‘My Telkom’ Portal

5.jpg1.jpg

2.     Click on ‘Manage My Accounts

2.jpg

3.     Select the Account you want to cancel.

4.     Scroll left until you find the Cancel your Service tab

3.jpg

5.     Follow the 4 step form and submit. A case will be logged to the backend to process the cancellation.

4.jpg
output_Svao80.gif

How do I cancel my service my contract is expired.

[ Edited ]

This does not work and going into to the store does not work!!!!!

I recieved a case number but no joy.

Here is a few more case numbers if you have missed the first one:

I will log a query every day from now on and we will see how long this will take. These was just logged today.

I have the same problem. Telkom does not cancel. All they do is deduct payment each month from your debit order.

Never ever have a debit order with Telkom because they will still deduct long after your cancellation

I have the same problem. its been over a year, i have been trying to cancel my contract with telkom but no luck. i have gone to the store twice to cancel it, got numerous case numbers but my mobile contract is still not closed. This is unacceptable 

[ Edited ]

doublepost

I have attempted to follow this process however I receive the following message:

k7mwcBj

How do I proceed?

Hi Guys

I am getting **bleep**y service from Telkom juts today i have had two agent drop chats with me when all i was trying to do is find out what is happening to my Data & i find this very unacceptable. Anyway it has brought me to the realisation that people who do not appricaite my business should really never get my business.

May someone kindly advise how i cancel my contract?

Tebogo Thema

This is a blatant lie. Telkom does not want to cancel your service. I have tried to cancel my service from September last year. Thereafter I had various calls with Telkom, and got through to a lady named Ntombifuthi Xulu, and she assured me she received my cancellation documents and forward it to the relevant person, and escalated my issue. The process would take 24 hours. That was 21 February 2018. I just had a conversation with a lady, sorry that I didn't get her name, who put me on hold and hung up. I immediately phoned the call centre again and spoke to Nangamso, who said that no documents was attached to my profile (this after the confirmation email received 14 August 2017 and the email received from Ntombifuthi Xulu 2 weeks ago. After requesting Nangamso's email address, she dropped my call as well.  I want this services cancelled and a dispute lodged from September 2017 to refund my account with the monies Telkom is trying to steal. The call centre only wants to help you until they realise that Telkom is in the wrong, and they hang up with the hope that you stop trying or become someone elses problem.

About This Post