Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: How do you cancel a Telkom Service?

I will try this one as well 

Contract cancellation struggle

At the end of January my house was broken in to and I was held hosstage. My LTE router was stolen with the sim card. I went in to Telkom Tygervalley to cancel my contact and get the device and sim blacklisted. My router was paid off and contract was month to month. They gave me cancellation form to fill in and send to Telkom. I emailed the form on the 29th of January with a certified copy of my id and case nr from the police. I heard nothing back from Telkom. My debit order went off. On the 26th of Feb I went in to Telkom Tygervalley to find out why contract has not been cancelled. They could not give me an awnser. They gave me an escalation form to fill in and sign. I asked if I could cancel my debit order with the bank, they confirmed that I coud, as I no longer have the device or service. I went directly to my bank and cancelled the debit order. On the 27th I recieved a sms from Telkom informing me that they will contact me in 24hours. Never heard anything. This week I recieve a call from one of Telkom's sales persons asking if would like to upgrade my package, I told him my whole storie and how I want to cancel my contract, his response " oh, have a nice day". This morning I woke up with a sms from my bank informing me that an amount double my debit order amount, has been deducted from my account, ref Telkom. I did not give consent. I find the service disgusting.

Contract cancellation struggle

At the end of January my house was broken in to and I was held hosstage. My LTE router was stolen with the sim card. I went in to Telkom Tygervalley to cancel my contact and get the device and sim blacklisted. My router was paid off and contract was month to month. They gave me cancellation form to fill in and send to Telkom. I emailed the form on the 29th of January with a certified copy of my id and case nr from the police. I heard nothing back from Telkom. My debit order went off. On the 26th of Feb I went in to Telkom Tygervalley to find out why contract has not been cancelled. They could not give me an awnser. They gave me an escalation form to fill in and sign. I asked if I could cancel my debit order with the bank, they confirmed that I coud, as I no longer have the device or service. I went directly to my bank and cancelled the debit order. On the 27th I recieved a sms from Telkom informing me that they will contact me in 24hours. Never heard anything. This week I recieve a call from one of Telkom's sales persons asking if would like to upgrade my package, I told him my whole storie and how I want to cancel my contract, his response " oh, have a nice day". This morning I woke up with a sms from my bank informing me that an amount, double my debit order amount,  has been deducted from my account, ref Telkom. I did not give consent. I have written on the Telkom Facebook page, Hello Peter and Twitter with no response.I find the service disgusting.

Established Member

Jinne never ending story....

I can't access my account (269902260923) when logged into 'My Telkom'... It says I have no accounts...? :/ 

So I can't cancel my services online...

Anyway, I sent the cancellation form to the email address  with my ID copy.

Hopefully I get feedback soon... 

I have been experiencing this problem with Telkom.  I have been trying to cancel a contract for over a year now.  They have placed an order against me because I reverse all the debit orders.  nobody knows what to do at Telkom and nobody actually does anything.  I have logged case after case and nothing happens.

Now I am unable to take out a cellphone contract because of the order against me from Telkom.  This is so frustrating.  Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue?

Highlighted

This does not work. Have tried on multiple occasuions to no avail. Keep getting an error right at the end after all documents have been uploaded. Sent an email as well to servcancellation@telkom.co.za but the mailbox is full - probably no-one is monitoring the mailbox. I sent my request through on 08/03/2018. And have even called 081 180 twice now to no avail. 

This looks like a solution for mobile contracts only. What about landline contracts, there is no icon to cancel a landline contract??

This is fine if you have a mobile product, but where is the cancellation option for a fixed line?

Established Member

Ombudsman sure will do the trick.
About This Post