Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Re: How do you cancel a Telkom Service?

[ Edited ]

BEWARE! It's not possible to cancel an unused Telkom line.

The above online portal solution absolutely does not work... I have receied references for cancelations together with email cancellation confirmtaions from the online portal. This means nothing. I still have 5 active lines and I am still being billed for all of them to this day. I have tried email, telephone, going to the branch and even the online portal. I have proof of all my cancelations and yet nobody at Helkom cares if I am billed for almost a year and a half after my first cancelation request... I have literally been trying to cancel since January 2017...

Worst is, you can complain online, Hello Peter, Facebook, Twitter, even the Ombudsman. Nothing helps, you just wasting your time... You will take your telkom aaccount to your grave...

BEST IS TO RATHER AVOID TELSCUM!

#TelkomMustFall

I want to cancel my Dsl Elite line. I login to the telkom site, but it does not want to create an account for my fixed line in order for me to cancel the Dsl. I get the message that authoriszation is needed. i requested authorisation, but nothing was done. I do not know how to proceed from here. I tried the option "talk to us", but there is no such service.

Salome Vosloo

Hi,

Please advise how I can cancel my service if you refuse to do in store cancelation, refuse to do email cancelation, refuse to do call center cancelation and the online option does not work?

I registered for the online cancelation as per post. 

When I went from step 1 to step 2 where I have to select the account that I have to cancel there is no account to select!?

Looking forward  to your response.

Regards

Hi Guys, 

When I went into the store to cancel my LTE i was told "Phone the call center and cancel" when i did, was given a form and told to email "Servcancelation@telkom.co.za" which was the incorrect address, after some time of no action taking place, I read the form and found they gave me the wrong email. I emailed the correct email, Nothing... Silence, Now I have started bouncing the debit orders because im month to month hoping it will cancel. Still nothing, I go back into the store and find that they can cancel it in store, FULL CIRCLE !!! So they said they can cancel it and will raise it to be done in 5 working days, Thats 30+ working days ago. 

Please if someone has a legal email address I would like to take matters legally as nobody can cancel this thing. Will never be a telkom mobile customer again.

Established Member

What kind of service are you trying to cancel?

I have someone reliable in the mobile section you can ask to forward your
request.

Thank you
Anka Schulz
021 911 3130 ( H)
084 4860 481
Highlighted
Established Member

[ Edited ]

Stop your debit order...after 6 months of paying for something I did not use...I finally demanded my bank stop the debit order. Waiting to see if Telkom will call me for money which I am sure they will call me everyday now that they need something from me.

LTE Contract.

My LTE number is 0817496878.  Please ask them to contact me on the email address linked to that account or phone me it would help me alot.

I thought this would work also, Im in 5k negative in my account and im still waiting, im refusing to pay and will not pay even if they cancel my service, Im planning on go legal with this matter for them to reverse the charges. 

There are my broadband articles about people unable to cancel services, its basically a scam. 

I have gone through this process but the box for Cancellation of services is not available, just the other three boxes. What now?

Under the landline for home phones, there is no cancel service block!

About This Post