Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Re: How do you cancel a Telkom Service?

Got 1300rand odd back and no further deductions yes.

Hi Telkom and community,

The online service is wonderful. But it is not working. Customers be warned... I have logged 2 cancellations, also send emails,  but no one can do anything. Now 2 months later - nothing.....

If this is not resolved in the next week, ICASA is the only option... I would recommend then for all complaints. They are efficient, quick and fair.

Go and log a case with ICASA. Then this will be sorted in less than a week.

Hi David, My contract expired and Telkom contionued to bill me for 2 and a half years (During this time I requested the phone to be made prepaid.) Finally, en September this year, they did something....... THEY CANCELLED THE NUMBER. Now my number no longer exists. I want it made prepaid. Do you think this is still possible?

Highlighted

Good afternoon.

to me it says I have no accounts but I am paying and is visible as "active" on another login page.

And why do you have two login pages for just one subscription? 

Why is it not simple to just include the cancle button.. Eish I have lost a lot of money trying to cancel. 

Hi,

I'm trying to cancel my service, have been unsuccessful since April 2018.

I was first asked to fill in some forms and send it through - which I did. After that I received a notification that stated I need to cancel online.  

When I try to log in, my account is not assiocated with my phone number, so I cannot cancel the service.

I call sales, they tell me to call technical. I call technical, they fill in a form, and cannot give me a reference number. So I'm going in circles since April 2018 and keep paying for a service which I cannot use since I left the country.

I do not see my account listed in my profile.

I called technical support and they said they would log a call for this, but were unable to provide me with proof that they had done this (e.g copy me in on an email), or providing me with a reference number to follow up - so I have no idea if this will happen or not.

I also asked them to cancel my service, and apparently (also not able to prove) the operator completed a cancellation form on behalf of me and sent it through to "tech support" - also were not able to get a reference for this.

This took me 4 hrs on an international call today.

Prior to this I was instructed by the call centre operator to complete a form, supply my company information, cancelled cheque and all such things to cancel the service. After several months of following up I was eventually directed to the online portal.

This situation started in April 2018, and is still ongoing.

Who do I speak to when I still get accounts for a cancelled ADSL Line. I cancelled mine in Jan 2019 and received the account end of feb which they did explain would happen, but now I received another account from them. 

Established Member

That PDF shows a 3-step process to create an account on the Telkom portal,
and then associate your account to your profile to cancel it. My account
and profile will not associate, I get an error that says "cannot associate
this service, please contact the call centre". I spent 2 hrs on the call
centre now, the accounts department cannot help me as they say it's a
business account, and the only way to cancel it is to mail
stocts@telkom.co.za. However I have an email trail going back to June 2018
of me trying to cancel this service using that email account, and they get
back to me to say that I should link my account on the Telkom portal. The 2