Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

Integrated data

Now that Telkom has limited the integrated data, when will you be able to purchase more data on the integrated data sim.

Re: Integrated data

[ Edited ]

Hi Lennonf, go to  https://customerportal.telkomsa.net/portal   login, and you will be able to view your fixed and mobile data usage as well as purchase more data for either your fixed line or mobile device.

I recently toped up with 2G mobile data for R90

Telkom released their Intergrated Data Service on 1st April which should allow me to access my 100GB home fibre softcap allocation via my mobile mi-fi routers for R269 per month, unfortunately though it appears neither the sales people in thie shops or on the phone (10213) know about the product!

Telkom ran a trail for the past year whereby I was able to access this data (100GB) via the mobile device, but I guess it was too succesfull so now they cap me to 2GB / month, hence my need for the IDS product

Established Member

Thanks for the info, yep I know about the usage portal, I also had a problem when I first got the sim, no one at telkom knew anything about the product or how to activate it, mine was finally activated after I posted on this forum. I do not want to have another mobile account, I was just wondering if Telkom is going to introduce a data topup for the mobile part of the integrated data package, I am also now restricted to 2Gigs of my 100Gigs ADSL package.(Well it was great while it lasted)

You can topup for the mobile device (mi-fi) on the customerportal. I paid R90 for 2GB (as a test) and it reflects on the portal

I contacted Telkom sales again today in regards Integrated Data Solutions and got 3 different answers:

1. Yes I know the product and you will pay R269 PER SIM (I have 2 mi-fi routers and 100MB soft cap fibre data at home) so an extra R538 per month

2. Yes I know the product and you only pay R269 per your fibre line (so I can have 5 SIM's accessing my 100MB soft cap per month)

3. Yes you've guessed it, NO sorry I don't know what you're on about, please phone technical on 10210? or visit the Telkom shop

We carry on waiting for some person with some REAL KNOWLEDGE of the product to come to Telkom's aid!

Interesting reading, which I had to show to Telkom shop staff for them to understand what IDS is:

https://mybroadband.co.za/news/adsl/205292-telkoms-new-integrated-data-service-all-the-details.html

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors