Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Internet or networks Coverage

My phone shows TelkomSA-R and m struggling connecting to the internet, I connect for few minutes then it says no connection.
What is that R and why is there, I've never experienced this. Please help
Highlighted

Re: Internet or networks Coverage

We also experiencing the same problem since last week Thursday network is down and I'm running an internet Cafe here in tembisa Emfihlweni

Highlighted

How did u even get to that man?
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

I am receiving the message out of bundle data, although I have data, since the last week of June 2019.  It started since Telkom changed partner from MTN to Vodacom.  I am trying to solve the issue for more that 2 weeks.  I cannot get connection to the internet while the router is roaming and also when the router is on 2G.  I phoned the help line, phoned the fault line, visited the agency in Mosselbay and every time I need to change a setting.  Everybody I contacted suggested a different setting, thus clearly they cannot provide the correct settings since partning with Vodacom.  If somebody can help please do so I cannot carry on like this.  The service is very poor.

Highlighted

I am receiving the message,'out of bundle data', although I have data since the last week of June 2019.  It started since Telkom changed partner from MTN to Vodacom.  I am trying to solve the issue for more that 2 weeks.  I cannot get connection to the internet while the router is roaming and also when the router is on 2G.  I phoned the help line, phoned the fault line, visited the agency in Mosselbay and every time I need to change a setting.  Everybody I contacted suggested a different setting, thus clearly they cannot provide the correct settings since partning with Vodacom.  If somebody can help please do so I cannot carry on like this.  The service is very poor.

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi. The "R" indicates that this is a tower that belongs to our new Roaming partner (Vodacom). Because we are a reletive new comer in the mobile space, we have signed an agreement with them to use their towers where we do not have coverage. Check this post for more info - 

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/LTE-3G/Telkom-Mobile-Roaming-TelkomSA-vs-TelkomSA-R/m-p/21091#M362...

Highlighted

@NC wrote:

Hi. The "R" indicates that this is a tower that belongs to our new Roaming partner (Vodacom). Because we are a reletive new comer in the mobile space, we have signed an agreement with them to use their towers where we do not have coverage. Check this post for more info - 

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/LTE-3G/Telkom-Mobile-Roaming-TelkomSA-vs-TelkomSA-R/m-p/21091#M362.../myfirstpremiercard

I have data, since the last week of June 2019.  It started since Telkom changed partner from MTN to Vodacom.  I am trying to solve the issue for more that 2 weeks.  I cannot get connection to the internet while the router is roaming and also when the router is on 2G.  I phoned the help line, phoned the fault line, visited the agency in Mosselbay and every time I need to change a setting.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Please stop saving your number as your name because you can get an unexpected call not the good kind but it could be threatening 🤗
I am just here to give advice to the committee 😁
Błüëïvý
Highlighted
New Contributor

Good question😁
. Just here to give advice to the committee..🤗
Błüëïvý
Highlighted
New Contributor

Guys is ghis place really taken as a place to just talk about typical phone issues why not just talk about typical problems in our lives.....were also getting help aren't we......🤗🤗🤗so all of my sisters and brothers lets join hands strive for our freedom because were not truly free🤐🤐🤐we are being silenced from those who take us as weak links😰😰😰.....come on people when are you going to wake up and smell the coffee in your kitchen...😲😲😲its time its our time wake up there is no backing down now....😖😖😖
Just here to give advice to the ones who feel unsafe and mistreated...😔😔
Thank you!!😘😘
Błüëïvý
About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 29 kudos
  • 7 Contributors