Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

LIT Movies - No Netflix

I purchased a lit bundle to watch Netflix as it says on the website but it refuses to load Netflix yet I use my normal data and it works. How do fix it?
Established Member

Re: LIT Movies - No Netflix

I dont have LIT but I think you need to register the services such as Netflix and Showmax before you can use them with LIT.  Give their call centre a call.

I already have the subscription.

[ Edited ]

You are not alone - this is my experience. . .

I have two devices - one with a 5GB FreeMe which included 15GB of 360p video data. It works the way it should with Netflix. The other device on which I have loaded a 50GB video bundle will not access the www.netflix.co.za domain (all of a sudden). Other domains covered by the LIT video bundle - google play / youtube / showmax / dstv can be accessed but NOT netflix. It should work but it does not. 

I really would like an official reply from Telkom. I have various friends and colleagues who have reported similar experiences. If a network tech made an oopsie fine say sorry and fix it or indicate to us your customers that you have changed terms or conditions or something. The fact of the matter is that at present Telkom is blocking packets going to Netflix when the user has only LIT video data available (when trying to use the LIT video bundle @ R229.00). This is an EXACT CONTRADICTION of their pre-purchase notice (I have proof and various screenshots).

Telkom has a real chance to provide real competition in the local streaming market but foul ups like this and no communication is not helping. I have logged faults, e-mailed and tried the on-line chat to no avail. Once again Telkom - just fix your firewall. 

Hope this helps.

Regular Contributor

@cheesyRussian, I am also trying to get some info. I dont think it is a Telkom problem though. Seems Netflix is getting sticky with their support for ANdroid TV Boxes in general. They cut off almost all non licenced devices and apparently it is quite difficult to get them to approve a TV Box.

Be sure that you use the South African Netlix subscription, the US one will not work on LIT.

Highlighted
Established Member

If I use the South African Netflix will it work? I'm thinking of adding the Adsl R99 for 100 gig for all streaming services
About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 6 Contributors