Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

LIT TV Box Reducing Normal Network Data

[ Edited ]

I recently upgraded to 50GB Smart Broadband LTE and is was told that for R40 per month extra I could get the LIT TV Box and stream showmax, youtube and netflix free with a Fair Usage Policy of 50GB. Streaming would only reduce my normal cap if I go over the FUP. 

From the outset Showmax and Youtube reduced the normal cap. Today I phoned the call centre who told me the LIT service is not activated and I must do it via the USSD code *180#, but the only option for LIT there is a 31 day bundle whic costs R229.00. 

Has anybody else had this problem? If I have to purchase a seperate LIT bundle for R229.00 Telkom made a willful misrepresentation to me just to get the LIT Box.

Re: LIT TV Box Reducing Normal Network Data

Hi, Did u manage to get this sorted?? I have the same issue.

Highlighted
Established Member

Hi.. did you manage to sort this issue, I also cannot activate the LIT TV service via the *180# as theres only bundle options to purchase.. thank you.

Established Member

Same issue but I bought the package for R789 wuch included the LIT box and it clearly says unlimited data (for the LIT video).

Here is the link to the article on Telkoms website which says the data is unlimited for LIT video service but no one at Telkom has a clue on how to activate it.

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Telkom-Blog/Telkom-Launches-LIT-Revolutionizing-the-way-South-Afri...
Established Member

Hi guys.

I have not managed to get this sorted yet. In the mean time I have had a huge fight with the Telkom Facebook Reps who tried to convince me that on SmartBroadband with LIT TV you do not get the extra 50GB cap. They refused to provide me with a copy of the recording where I was convinced to take the IT exra on that basis. They said I need a subpoena to get the recording. Clearly they know that their sales staff are saying this purely to sell extra products. They have also refused to provide me with a copy of my agreement with them or any terms and conditions that I agreed to. Long tory short, using Facebook to interact with Telkom is a waste of time.

I have sice received confirmation from the guys at the Telkom Direct store that I am supposed to get the extra cap. A lady from the networking department also phoned me and confirmed the same and said the problem has something to do with the way I am billed which did not trigger the LIT TV activation. The complaint was then moved to the billing department and I again have not heard anything for weeks.

This is now the fourth month that I am not receiving the services sold to me and which I am paying for. Not giving up though. I will keep you posted if anything happens.

Established Member

Way to go keep up the fight. I will do the same. I am going to lodge a complaint with ICASA. Everyone just tries to convince you that the LIT cap is not included either because they dont know what they are selling or willfully trying to to deceive their clients.

Established Member

I am on the line with them now again. They are telling me that my query was closed without informing me. They now say I must start afresh by logging a new issue with the sales department. I am also now going to complain to ICASA, the NCC and whoever else I can.

Established Member

The sales department refused to log an issue and said it must be a technical issue. They put me through to the mobile support departmet and for escalation referred me to the Customer Care department by giving me an email address nacc@telkom.co.za. While I was on hold I sent a mail to this email and it bounced back saying it does not exist.

The mobile support department said there is no data allocation on LIT TV and you need to buy the data extra for R229 and I have to take it up with the sales agent who sold me the contract herself. They then sent the sales agent an email to contact me but I am not holding my breath.

Back to where I started.

Would anybody be interested in starting a legal class action against Telkom to enforce the agreements? The legal costs would not be worthwhile to do it alone, but if we get a bunch of people in this situation together we can klap them for breaching contract. The princple behind what they are doing is an issue for me.

Established Member

Hey Zanevan. Ijust checked, ICASA does not deal with contract issues. Complaints in that regard must be submitted to the National Consumer Commisson.

I think we in the same predicament bud......got the same promise from Telkom about LIT video on my 50GB smartbroadband wireless and actually bought the box for R1099 but **bleep** thing is still chowing my normal data....well unlucky for them I recorded my conversations with the sales people.

I've been taken from pillar to post all weekend trying to get someone to help me with activating the **bleep** service but to no avail,so today I cancelled the service lets see what they will say now.If they dont sort me out come monthend I'll block the debit order and then will see who's boss when you want your money

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 Contributors