Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Netflix and telkom

hi there 

Received an SMS today offering 3 months free netflix Subscription. Tried acitvating using the service number  and account number as supplied but could not get in. Kept on sending a message saying" opt-in not allowed. Not elligible to do content billing.

What is the meaning of this?

Re: Netflix and telkom

[ Edited ]

Hi SeanAlex

I am a customer of Telkom and can only speculate as to why you receive this error message. The possibilities that come to mind are the following:

1. The service type you subscribe to for internet does not allow external billing added to your Telkom account (for instance, a top up contract with no additional spend limit and only an prepaid airtime voucher will increase your spend allowance)

2. You subscribe to an open contract for internet and your spend limit is set to an amount less than the monthly fee for netflix.

3. You may have already had a 3 months free trial of netflix in the past.

Your best bet is to speak to a Telkom Customer Service Agent who can look into your account for those 3 things.

I hope this helps.

crazy_Jack

Edit: spelling.

Edit: Please revert back to us -  I'm curious to know what the outcome was.

Hi There

I also got a new internet contract with telkom and also saw that you got the 3 months free netflix. So  I opened a new account on my wifes name and started watching netflix. Last night it just stopped as I ran out of the bundle I have(20gig plus 20 gig and 20gig nightsurf) So when I enqiured with telkom the guy said we should just choose at the billing option telkom. There is not such option and now I have usd up all my data also. The guys at the telkom ants to book a tech call which I do not understand. Please can someone tell what is going on. 

I'm in the same boat. Phoned Telkom several times, being passed from customer enquiries, then to technical. They cant see what the problem is and wanted me to contact Netflix. Netflix on the other hand, are not familiar in dealing with these problems as its got to do with the free deal from telkom.

I'm in the same boat as Seanalex.

Phoned telkom several times and had been transferred from customer services to technical dept. They could not see what the problem was and asked me to contact Netflix. Netflix on the other hand are not familiar in dealing with problems from Telkom as they are not offering the deal that Telkom is.

I'm also having the same problem did they help you or not on my side when I call telkom they said someone will call me to resolve my problem but I dout if that someone will call because I once have the internet problem it took them 3 weeks to solve.

Was your problem resolved?

I have been chatting with Netflix for nearly an hour now and they requested that I come in contact with Telkom

I have a similar issue except I do not get any error messages.

I enter the OTP - click on the link, select the plan on Netflix and then log in.. and then nothing. No confirmation message / SMS or email. And my Netflix account is not reflecting any promotion.

People mentioned the same issue on mybroadband.

Will phone Telkom tomorrow and hopefully, they can help. 

I have been chatting with Netflix for nearly an hour now and they requested that I come in contact with Telkom

I have a similar issue except I do not get any error messages.

I enter the OTP - click on the link, select the plan on Netflix and then log in.. and then nothing. No confirmation message / SMS or email. And my Netflix account is not reflecting any promotion.

People mentioned the same issue on mybroadband.

Has someone come across this issue? Will try to contact the helpdesk tomorrow.

I received an SMS offering me 3 months free movie viewing on Netflix. After one month Netflix cancelled the offer saying that Telkom notified them that they would not be able to pay. Now why would Telkom offer this and then cancel after 1 month . I am very disappointed and believe that this is false advertising. I would appreciate if someone from Telkom gets back to me to clarify this issue.

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 7 Contributors