Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member

Problem Receiving Email

For 2 days now I have not received any emails  on my Telkom email and this is for my wife as well. I have send from my Gmail account and it does not arrive. Telkom proclaim all their services are running. Telkom even ignores a person on social media. Tried to log the fault is no help either.

Re: Problem Receiving Email

Do you have internet connection? That seems to be my problem and been on hold now 15min
Established Member

I have axactly the same problem. Now waiting on the helpline since the social media lot is not available. I am moving all my emails over to gmail since this is affecting my business. I went on Zimbra and sent myself a message just to get an error message that there is a problem with the server.

Telkom is slowly but surely seeing the back of me as I leave them

Established Member

I have finally managed to get hold of Telkom Helpline just to be informed that all emails sent in this soutage period is now floating in space and we will never get them! Pathetic.

Established Member

@Bibivorster wrote:
Do you have internet connection? That seems to be my problem and been on hold now 15min

Yes everything else is fine. It is me and my wife have not received any emails. Sent emails from my other accounts to telkom it does not arrive, but between them it works. Also done it via the web etc, it shows my mailbox is empty. I a slowly moviing totaly away from this useless company as they do not answer or come back to you

Established Member

This is the 3rd time this month. It is such a hassle to change your emails at the bank and cellphone service providers with the FICA/RICA rubbish. Then still all the insuarance companies, but I am slowly doing and then I will move totally away from Telkom.

I am having the same problem.  I get the impression that Telkom is only interested in being a network operator with no and users (customers).  Have to wonder why so many capable senior staff have left recently.

Established Member

I also run a business off my telkom email account. I am now trying to find out how many business related emails will be scrapped due to the down server - which according to Telkom's helpline will (might) only be functional by Monday 5 August 2018 earliest. I have moved my gmail account to be visible on Outlook and am slowly but surely contacting all clients, friends, service providers of my "new" email address. I made a big mistake staying with Telkom when I had the change to shift my account. Shrugging of shoulders by Telkom for our misery (caused by them not servicing timeously as these servers were sending signals of potential malfunction) is going to cost an already struggling company - I would look for another job if I worked there to avoid becoming unemployed.

Same problem here. This is happening more frequently and mine is still down this morning, since Thursday.

Also slowly but surely moving to another provider as Telkom, like SABC, is dying a slow death it seems. Just cannot rely on this pathetic service.

About This Post
  • 21 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 10 Contributors