Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Problem Receiving Email

I am also experiencing the same problem since Friday.

huge impact on my business.

Does not receive anything.  Sent emails to my gmail account. It arrives but when sent from gmail to telkom email it does not arrive in my email box.  Logged into my do messaging email on the internet. There is nothing.

My servers are up and running. Outlook is working fine as gmail receives emails within the same account. Only telkomsa account.

Will have to move. very inconveniet. What do they care because the persons are only working at Telkom. It is not their business that suffers. But take note:  When you start losing your job due to lost revenue, you will start to care but too little too late.

does anybody know if Telkom is giving their customers any feedback that this problem is being attended to? running a business and havent had emails since Friday morning. This pathetic service has to stop TELKOM!!!!!!!!!!

when will the email servers be back up and running? and would we be able to recover mails sin ce friday???????

The service from Telkom Business is now getting ridiculous. We have clients who are trying to run a business using Telkom's email service which has been down on numerous occasions over the past month. This is severely affecting their ability to operate efficiently. They have received no email since Friday and are losing business due to Telkom's inability to provide the service they pay for.

It took more than 20 minutes for Telkom Business call centre to answer our phone call and the operator was unable to provide any information on the problem or even suggest an expected resolution time.

It is high time Telkom started taking pride in the service they provide and taking responsibility to ensure the service is actually available to their clients. It is entirely unacceptable that an email server can be offline for an entire weekend.

Extremely Annoyed

IT Support

Witbank

@wiljoN wrote:

For 3 days now I have not received any emails  on my Telkom email. This is for my wife as well. I have send from my Gmail account and it does arrive. Telkom proclaim that their services are not running. Telkom even ignores a person on social media. Tried to log the fault is no help either.

[ Edited ]

@MrNetprois there anything that we can do to name and shame and get some action going? we are insurance service providers and our main line of income is based on mails that we receive. if these mails are irretrievable then its in essence bad for business!!! any suggestions you have besides changing to another SP? 

Highlighted

1:55:32 AMAyanda: Thank you #### details verified
11:55:58 AMAyanda: Telkom is expiriencing an outage with the email servers,they are not responding;there is limited to no email service.please test your email later on webmail.We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and the delay caused
11:56:13 AMAyanda: ##### is there anything else you need assistance with?
11:56:29 AM You: ayanda this is not good enough what else can we do to rcetify this or bypass this
11:56:44 AM You: ive used the webmail and nothing
11:57:07 AM You: this is the seccond time in 2 months and emails are irretrivable
11:57:19 AM You: can we get some clarity as to when????
11:57:22 AMAyanda: #### there is nothing that i can do from my side;this is a national outage occured.We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
11:58:00 AM You: thanks can we at least get information as to when it will be fixed?
11:58:11 AM You: can you get that info for me?

pathetic!!!!! no one knows when this will be fixed and these are th stupid responses i get!!!

Telkom are totally mis managing the situation in that their server is still as being active while they try and fix their problem.

This means that people send mail to a telkomsa account do not get an "Mail undeliverable" error so the assumption to the outside world is that the mail was recieved OK,  which is a blatant falsehood.

Also they are not being forthcoming about what the real problem is.

Hi BYRON33, unfortunately we are customers too and are also at the mercy of Telkom's service. Telkom can be contacted on various media platforms, such as:

Facebook: TelkomZA
Twitter:   @telkomza

Email: support@telkom.co.za

There is apparently a number for the Regional Customer Care Department, FreeCall 080 060 0126, but trying this number responds with the voice message stating that the number does not exist.

Established Member

Go look how many complaints there are already on their social pages. Everytime they state alll our services have been restores which is not the case. I don't think the one hand knows what the other is doing.

Established Member

I have just received my first email sent 15:13 but nothing else. Thank goodness I have updated all my info and will be moving away from Telkom (Helkom?). Telkom's social services calls this outage an inconvenience - I call it a disaster. See the difference in urgency?

About This Post
  • 21 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 10 Contributors