Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Routing Issues

Hi

I have an LTE router at home in Benoni and a LTE router in the office in Pretoria. I have an issue where I can no longer ping or see the IP address of the router in Pretoria from home in Benoni. I have reset the router in Pretoria to get a new IP address but still can not ping the new address in Pretoria from the Benoni. I went to a Friends hous that also have a Telkom LTE also in the East Rand area and have the same problem from there. Both the routers are on Telkom LTE. When I use any other network IE MTN or Vodacom it works fine I can ping the Pretoria address. 

I spoke to Telkom help desk to have a look but was meet with a blank stair so any ideas?

Re: Routing Issues

I may have a similar problem at home. Telkom blocks email using the SMTP server at Iafrica/Mweb on their network, but the same email setup on my cell works fine using ADSL & MWEB and the phone GSM data link ( FNB/Vodacom) 

I hope someone will tell me what to do to overcome the issue, because I mostly use my data link for email which makes the Telkom device useless to me.

About This Post
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors