Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Some email doesn't send in do messaging webmail

If I send email via the webmail site some of them don't go through. I have sent 4 test emails to 2 different addresses this morning and only 1 email was received on 1 of the addresses. All the emails are under the sent folder but only 1 of the 8 emails sent was actually received. This is my primary email account and is very important. Who can I speak to to solve this issue?

Regular Contributor

Re: Some email doesn't send in do messaging webmail

@JDixon, are you getting any bounced error messages back? If you send to this address from another email address (Gmail) do you receive it, and can you reply successfully? Otherwise call 10210 or even try support@telkomsa.net

No the emails don't bounce. The email addresses that I have been sending to are active accounts that are used daily. It appears that telkom has a problem with their server infrastructure. I think I will forward all emails received by my telkom account to my gmail account as that is easier than trying to obtain support.

Regular Contributor

@JDixon, email support@telkomsa.net with as much detail as you have (sender/recipient/IP etc...). You might be helping others who are also struggling.

I will do that. Especially as the forwarding to the gmail account doesn't appear to work either Smiley Happy

I have the same problem - can't send any mail to my Yahoo account from @telkomsa.net, but don't receive any failure messages. But when I send to a gmail account, it does work fine. Very strange and annoying! 

I am convinced that some / all of the Telkom webmail servers are listed on spam blacklists.

These blacklists can be used by RECIPIENT mail servers to reject mail.

So if the Telkom server(s) is on a blacklist (there are a number of these lists) and the recipient mail server uses that list, then your mail will be rejected but you will be none the wiser.

For a good explanation see http://kb.mailchimp.com/delivery/spam-filters/how-blacklists-work

It seems like Telkom does not have the ability / desire to make sure their servers stay off these blacklists.

I am experiecing the same issue and this issue never gets resolved, [Support #1577309] Email Not sending , I have emailed your support department many times and it seems as if your support team does not understand what a SLA is, I have had this issue for months and my emails never reach the recipients. I do not get any errors, i do not do bulk emails,  yet i experiencing this issue. Can you please resolve the problems that your customers are experiencing or does your staff only respond to emails. It seems this is how resolutions are tracked but the customer's actual problem is never resolved. I really would need and will appreciate your help

Same issue. do Messaging emails sometimes are not delivered but no warning or explanation. Same email sent via my ios device gets delivered. SO what is it about the do Messaging web interface that causes emails to go missing? SO many problems have been caused by emails not getting delivered to recipients. 

Has anyone received a proper explanation or solution to this?

Highlighted
Established Member

I dont think anyone understands how bad, useless, stupid, incompetant, backward, uneducated, 10210 telkom advisors are.

When you get through to them you can predict what they are going to say. Can anyone believe we have to deal with this, I am returning my moderm tomorrow and cancelling my contract with relieve that I dont have to deal these moorons . Try and see if management give a toss!!!!!!! I have had a problem with outlook 2016 now for 2 weeks and they keep on blaming Microsoft. No its not Microsoft, its Telkom, you can even sort out Do Messaging. Can We take Class action against them, Does anyone know who has taking legal action against them? 

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 7 Contributors