Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Uncapped adsl 4mb line speed issue, unable to upgrade to LTEA

Good Day,

I applied for Last month April, in was installed for 1 week in that week i was only getting 2MB out of 4MB, week later I went back to telkom to upgrade to LTEA.

I was told to log Fault first & otherwise I need to pay they R800 Cancellation fee even thou I would like to upgrade to large package until Fibre in availiable in Stikland, Western Cape Area.

I was billed the next day & at moment I have logged a fault have received no feedback for the 7 days on my issue.

Regards & Im nt sure how to take this further?

Valued Contributor

Re: Uncapped adsl 4mb line speed issue, unable to upgrade to LTEA

Hi @zer0touch

Try calling 10210 ( early 8 am best) or chat to a Telkom agent online here :-  https://secure.telkom.co.za/today/help/personal/#start-chat

Tell the agent your fault ref. and ask them to confirm exactly what you need to do to upgrade between the different Telkom divisions - ADSL is fixed line / LTE is mobile - which is presumably why they asked you to report the ADSL fault before applying for LTE.

I’m guessing the cancellation fee might be for any adsl device Telkom supplied on the initial installation.

Good luck , please keep us posted .

Re: Uncapped adsl 4mb line speed issue, unable to upgrade to LTEA

Thank Kathy1, tried to 10210 & chat function same crappy answers. Already signed LTEA option.

I need really want them come out signoff that 4MB option is useless package they offering!

Thanks for trying to help thou.

About This Post
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 Contributors