Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Which ISP should I switch to?

I am getting pretty tired of telkom I have been having problems with my adsl since February 2015 with endless line drops and endless fault reports being closed because they can't find a problem. Recently I have been going on with a battle with telkom because they keep switching my port to 2mbps from 4mbps and they can't even figure out why this is happening I am getting tired of paying for service that is not been provided. Plus I had to redo this entire message because my line dropped.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Which ISP should I switch to?

@Peypers no matter which ISP you with, ultimately your line is still with Telkom.

Finding a fault an dfixing the problem can sometimes be like finding the needle in the hay stack. Keep reporting it so that they localize and repair the problem. I find that despite the odd problems, I still prefer my ADSL. When it works, it is much more stable.

Highlighted

agree

Highlighted

I am having the same problems!!!! ADSL line goes down and it takes Tekom 2 weeks to fix! Latest fault (152CWK300116) logged on 30/1/2016. Followed up telephonically this morning to be told they can't give me any feedback and there is a 7 day turnound time !!! What kind of service is this??!!!###$@@. Last time it happened it took 2 separate technician visits to fix the problem. I am desperate as my wife needs the internet for a study assignment and it looks like we are in for another 2 week wait. I wish there was some decent competition for Telkom, as I can't continue with this type of service. Any suggestions out there? The fibre cables have not yet got to my suburb in Cape Town, so that's not an option yet.
Highlighted

Im having the exact same issues with my line. I recently upgraded from 4MBPS to 10MBPS and ever since then my line has been dropping. I moved away from telkom to another ISP and the service is great they deal with Telkom. When I reported the fault to Telkom the guy came to my house and explained that the max speed I can get is 4MBPS altho they told me that I can get "Up to 10MBPS". In my eyes if they tell you this you would expect atleast around 8MBPS not 6MBPS and still have issues.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Linmark if you are a Telkom Internet ISP customer, then they have just brought out something called Integrated Data Wallet. So if you have a 20Gb account, then you get a mobile SIM card that lets use of that 20Gb data pool but via 3G/LTE....and its free. It is a good option for failover when your ADSL goes down. Routers like the Netgear let you plug a 3G dongle in the back, and when the ADSL goes down, it will switch to 3G.

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Thanks for this input.

Telkom is not my ISP, so unfortunately this won't help me. Good news is that my line was re-connected yesterday afternoon, so I am up and running again!

Linmark

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Linmark excellent news. Still, I think this new feature is a great initiative to persuade people to switch ISP. Imagine a mobile SIM for your tablt with 100Gb of data for free... AWESOME

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

A compelling proposition Indeed! You sound like a Telkom salespersonSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Linmark not at all, just really though the idea was brilliant. Usually mobile data is so expensive.

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 Contributors