Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Established Member

faulty exchange

good day

this is now more than 7 months that  we battle with low download speed due to the exchange that is faulty, now my question is how long will it take for telkom to fix this problem, i pay for a service that i not getting. so i need a time and date for the fix of the exchange, i need to cancel my service with telkom if it going to take to long to fix the exchange and telkom will refund me for 7 months in cash not credit. i hop to get a try anser not the lays that telkom give me the past 7 months.

Frequent Contributor

Re: faulty exchange

Hello did this problem happen after upgrading to a faster speed that the speed didn't increase?

Do you hear crackling on your landline?

Why do you think the problem is the exchange?

Established Member

good day after i report my slow download speed manny time, fighting with telkom for 7 months, where thay lay to me for 7 months, so i took the next step and start using hellopeter and telkom then conf to me the is a problem on the exchange, according to one of openserve tech, one of the card is faulty.

Established Member

I running on a 4 meg line for 5 years now.

There is no noise on the line

Frequent Contributor

What speed does speedtest.net show you are getting?

Established Member

Ping 34 

Download 0.15

Upload 0.38

Regular Contributor

@Hendrik1, keep reporting the fault! I find using Facebook (www.facebook.com/telkomza) works good. Those guys try and help

Are you sure you have not crossed some bandwidth usage threshold? That speed looks like you could be throttled or capped.

Frequent Contributor

It would be interesting if you take your router to a friend who has ADSL and try their line.

Established Member

the funny thing is all my friends in my area are sitting with the same problem, the hole community is in the say boot.

I running on a uncapped pack

Established Member

i think i must sent telkom to hell and us vodacom 3g or lte that is a better isp as telkom.

telkom must fall Smiley LOL

About This Post
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 Contributors