Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: full speed wifi access??

Hi

Ihave just been on the phone with a very convincing salesman trying to sell me a FreeMe product on promotion for R248 per month, including UNLIMITED WIFI DATA. He checked that my address has access to wifi and confirmed that it has through 'towers, antennas etc' in his words.

Does this mean that I will have use of a 'free wifi hotspot' ? 

I am struggling to understand this concept. The way he made it sound was that my street address has access to wifi? Does this make sense?

Hi

Ihave just been on the phone with a very convincing salesman trying to sell me a FreeMe product on promotion for R248 per month, including UNLIMITED WIFI DATA. He checked that my address has access to wifi and confirmed that it has through 'towers, antennas etc' in his words.

Does this mean that I will have use of a 'free wifi hotspot' ? 

I am struggling to understand this concept. The way he made it sound was that my street address has access to wifi? Does this make sense?

Frequent Contributor

No - he is just confusing you.  If he is talking about towers and antennas and stuff he is referring to LTE or point to point radio technology.  This has nothing to do with free WiFi hotspots 

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due!

Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless. – Thomas Edison (Inventor)

Yes, I understand Wi-Fi hotspots created by Routers & cellphones, But: I have  LTE with 30Gig Data. I understand what "Smartbraodband Data" and "Nightsufer" is, but what is "Wi-Fi Data Unlimited Speed"? and how do I access (use) it? I was told by a lady at a Telkom Store that to do this I had to register my SIM and then take my LTE Router and laptop to a Telkom hotspot in order to use it. I imagined that if I used my Cellphone at a Telkom Hotspot that I could use this "Wi-Fi data" from my LTE contract because obviously my cellphone would be out of range of my LTE Router

About This Post
  • 13 replies
  • 130 kudos
  • 11 Contributors