Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

keeping telkomsa email address

Is it possible to keep my telkomsa-email address if I cancel my ADSL-line (and preferrably my landline)?  If so, any advice on how to go about it - better to go into shop or can I try and sort it online, any tips from anybody that has done this - very worried that major confusion can arise (I use the address for my small business too) - we all now the red tape if something goes wrong at Telkom!

Regular Contributor

Re: keeping telkomsa email address

You can rent a Telkom email address for about R15/mo

I want to cancel my Telkom services but keep my @telkomsa.net mail address for a while longer. I have been told by Telkom agents that I can change to a stand alone mail box at a minimal cost but I have also been told by other agents that I will still need my telephone line to keep my mail box. What is the truth?

I want to cancel my Telkom services (ADSL and land line altogether) but want to keep my @telkomsa.net mail box for a while. Telkom agents are confused as some indicate that I will have to keep my land line and others that it can be a stand alone mail box at a nominal cost. Where is the truth? 

Valued Contributor

Hi @Marcb

Sorry can’t answer your question but you should be able to rent a mailbox per below post.

Just an alert if you do keep your Telkom mail address - be sure to back up your current mailbox before any change to your services.

I upgraded my Telkom contract last year and discovered too late that although my email address was retained it was allocated to a brand new (blank) mailbox . All my previous Telkom email records, contacts etc. disappeared forever.

Community members have reported some issues re cancellation delays, so you may have more time to arrange the mailbox.

BDM

I HAVE 3 TELKOM STAND ALONE MAIL ADDRESSES FROM YESTERDAY ALL MAILS HAVE COME THROUGH REPEATEDLY HOW DO I CORRECT THIS.

Valued Contributor

Hi @BDM

Community members are Telkom customers like you (there are no Telkom support agents in the forum ). Service issues are only attended at their support channels :-

https://community.telkom.co.za/t5/Announcements/Telkom-Service-Channels-How-to-get-Help/m-p/1768#M13

I’m guessing here,  but  if mails are repeating on all 3 addresses I’d check if the same Telkom username is on all stand alone addresses - if so ,  your 3 email addresses are possibly  ‘ aliases’ linked to your primary user account? ( username wold be something like ' online12345@telkom...' )

If that’s the case you could  login in to the primary mailbox and try changing the settings to stop the mails repeating Otherwise you’ll need to contact Telkom technical support to attend. 

Hope this helps.

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 Contributors