Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ATT: fraud department

Hi There, on 11 December I opened a fraud case with telkom for THREE mobile accounts, apparently opened through the call centre in my name, Fraudulently! I submitted all required documents supporting this. Since the 15th of December I have called almost weekly, to follow up on progress, as all these accounts are now reflecting as bad debt on my name. This is causing the bank to decline any credit requests or finance assitance for myself and my business. Everytime I chat to the call centre. no one can help me, i cannot speak to the fraud department, supervisors or managers are never available, or i get put on hold for 30min and lose all my airtime. I am at a loss, now i am getting calls from debt collectors looking for payment on these accounts. They are NOT my acounts and why if there is a fraud case pending are they still active??  The bank is looking for a delisting letter confirming these are fraudulent so they can clear my bad debt, i need this letter and this case resolved urgently. Its been 2 months with zero feedback from Telkom, surely this is unacceptable service, could someone please assit urgently so i can get my life back. Case #26076657 and #26076672 

Re: ATT: fraud department

Hi, please will you join our Facebook group "Telkom Fraud Cases" and repost exactly what you posted here? We need to get as many people as possible so that we can take this matter to Gerrie Nel, Afriforum and Carte Blanche. FYI, I have almost an identical problem to yours. I am in contact with someone at the National Intelligence Agency to also assist with this matter. I will put updates on the Facebook group.

Thanks so much! i just dont know what else to do. I have requested to join your group and will support it!

I'm going through the same thing. There are three Johannesbug lines in my name and I'm in Cape Town. I've been calling Telkom since January 2019 and I'm told the matter is under investigation. Yet they keep debiting my account and this account reflects on credit bureau. I'm starting to doubt this fraud department even exists. Its just shocking.

About This Post
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 Contributors