Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

I am beyong upset with Telkom - phone suspended and not reinstated after paying

I have experienced pain, heartache and poorly disgusted by Telkom mobile. I experienced poor service with Telkom for home and I thought Telkom mobile was much better. I was very wrong. My line got suspended because I did not pay. They debited my account when I asked when will my line be opened, at first I was told it would be 24 - 72 hours. From there when I phoned the turn around time has moved to 5 working days, the 05 April the turn around time moved to 7 - 14 working days. I was supposed to have been given an option between debit order and making payment myself because they say when you make payment yourself the line gets opened quicker. I am totally infuriated by Telkom. They have taken money but I cannot use the phone.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: I am beyong upset with Telkom - phone suspended and not reinstated after paying

hello. has this been sorted yet? 7 to 14 days to lift a suspension is a bit extreme. have you contacted @HelloTelkom on Twitter or TelkomZA on Facebook yet? Maybe call 10210 to speak to accounts and find out what the problem is.

Highlighted

Re: I am beyong upset with Telkom - phone suspended and not reinstated after paying

Yes it has now been sorted.

I tried all avenues but they sorted it after 7  working days. From my side in total it took long. Money was debited 24 March and suspension was lifted 06 April in the afternoon. So much frustration.

Highlighted
Established Member

10210.... No one picks the calls. Calls automatically cut off after 5 mins. I have the same problem and I don't know where to find help. Frustrated..

Highlighted
Established Member

I had my line suspended. Is it going to take so long to lift suspension
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Jagadir, moral of the story is to pay your account. Now you moan. Normally payments at 3rd party vendors take a little longer to reflect. I have tried these options rather than wait for an agent to answer the phone. Also download the App on the App Stores. I pay via credit card and its immediate (not sure about lifting the suspension though)

About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 Contributors