Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Random contracts added to my account

Hi Community

I have recently been debited by Telkom more than double my normal debit. I logged into my account only to see that three additional contracts have been added to my two contracts (one internet and the other a data contract). I chatted to a consultant on the Telkom website - he adivised that there is a whole lot of documents (including affadavits) that I have to get to prove that these are not my contracts - surely, the owness is on Telkom to have robust verification sustems to prevent this sort of thing from happeneing and if it does happen, Telkom should not take the stance that it is now the customers problem.

My point is, without my signature, the contract is invalid and fraud has occured - surely there shoud be some alarm at Telkom now that they've been notified? I was instead told by the consultant that there is nothing that will be done without the documents - which I will never supply. I refuse to be inconvenienced everytime the verification system at Telkom fails - which could be often now that some fraudster has my a copy of my ID document.

My current option at this juncture is this:

• Reverse the current debit order with the bank
  • Cancel the debit order
  • Do manual payments every month (as clearly, FNB allows companies to debit any amount they please).

Has anyone else had an experience like this? COuld someone refer me to someone who can actually do something at Telkom?

Thank in advance!

Re: Random contracts added to my account

I am currently experiencing the same problem with telkom, I, however, picked this up before anything was debited from my account. I logged into my profile on telkom and noticed two new numbers which I've never seen before.

I went into a telkom branch yesterday to query this and I was told it was done through their call center. How can their verification system be so flawed that it allows people to open contracts on my name without even notifying me I have opened contracts via a phone call or an email?

I went to the police station to get an affidavit and will be going into telkom again this morning and I will also want to know where those devices are being delivered and how do they take just give these people the package if they have to sign for it without my signature?

I am currently experiencing the same problem with telkom, I, however, picked this up before anything was debited from my account. I logged into my profile on telkom and noticed two new numbers which I've never seen before.

I went into a telkom branch yesterday to query this and I was told it was done through their call center. How can their verification system be so flawed that it allows people to open contracts on my name without even notifying me I have opened contracts via a phone call or an email?

I went to the police station to get an affidavit and will be going into telkom again this morning and I will also want to know where those devices are being delivered and how do they take just give these people the package if they have to sign for it without my signature?

Hi All,

I have exactly the same issue. I have ONLY an LTE Uncapped number with a modem and ONE SIM card. I checked my Telkom account online today, and found no less than FOUR additional numbers added to my account. I went through them one by one, and each one of them has a PUK number and an IMEI number?!?!?! I also have two devices linked to two of these numbers, which definately does not belong to me.

On one of the numbers it even tells me that I have 155Mb left of 600Mb?????? I do not and have not signed up for any other contracts or additional devices with Telkom!!!

Checking further, I realised that there are actualy FOUR additional accounts added to my Profile, with no details to it. There is no CANCEL SERVICE option under these 4 additional accounts, and when looking at the contact details on record for the account, all I see is my Cell number and my E-mail address.

Telkom, what is going on here???

I can only wish you luck with this, the sheer incompetence of the support staff is immeasurable. I eventually had to take my case to the national consumer commission before Telkom would act, they only resolved this in the past month after months of backwards and forwards with zero understanding or care towards the issue. So, dont waste time with their support staff, if they can't resolve it or you get the feeling they are not interested, go to the NCC.

Hi. I have almost the same problem. Just exactly the opposite. Took out my contract on black Friday. Repeat all the details and confirm it like 100 times. Debit order went off on 30 Nov and phone was delivered. I don't look at statements and rubbish the whole time and in fact never opened a payslip the last 5 years. I get paid. Debit orders go off and everything works. Then 8 July I got a SMS that my payment didn't go through with the details where to eft the outstanding amount which I did straight away followed by a SMS telling me the next invoice will be debited this month. So I checked this month to see if it was going off or not so that maybe I have to eft it again. Nothing so far and then today I I got a phone call from telkom forensics. After the debit order of 30 November nothing went off and I for one never realized it and there was not one single indication that something was wrong. Not a threat or sms or anything until today that is. Somewhere a poor bloke was paying my account without me even knowing it. Well I checked my details with the forensic lady and they don't even have my name or address or anything right. I used the telkom app now and requested an invoice and to my surprise I saw the details of someone else with the wrong details as confirmed by forensics. I really hope they imburse him now and this time I will make sure the billing dept get the info right. But it will remain a mystery how they screwed this up. On application you have to repeat everything countless of times and confirm and then confirm again. Mine luckily isn't an expensive contract and I will take a little knock or just arrange something. But I'm somewhere between furious and surprised now and I hate surprises.
About This Post
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors