Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
DGC
Accepted Solution

The worst service to date!!!!!! Customer care / accounts / telkom full stop.

This is my last resort....... 

Been into the walk in centre's.............Been on the call line "customer care" for almost 7 days flat now............ 

Telkom Case No:- 22057295 after 8 days.............. 

I had a 061 number allocated for my sister, she then immigrated as one does i requested for the number to be cancelled and this is where it started. Filled in the form as required and all the other formalities to remove the number from my account. And take it away telkom.

The 061 number has been allocated to another user although it is still billed to my account.  My day to day buisness number 081 on completley unlimited package contract has been moved to a pre-paid and subsquintly blocked with no paperwork, consent, or even alerting me - i cant recieve or make calls NO SERVICE. But wait for it.................. My bill still reflects both numbers as active and certainly R1650 thats appartently owed is still in play. UNBELIEVABLE TELKOM - Calling a Spade a spade charging for a service thats not deleivered is the same as theft.

Even after viewing the workstation at the Cresta Branch (Lydia Nbubo (L) <Nbubol@telkom.co.za) and viewing the paperwork it was then tracked on there register that a Portia Tsotetsi actioned the cancellation with zero corresponding paperwork or written authority on my day to day 081 number.  

Im now told that the number will be off for 72 working hours????????????????????   until they can resolve the issue and re-instate my previously working number - of course forgettening that this my primary work number for my buissnes. Not one of your call centre agents has been able to assist, nor your walk it centres where i had to pull detail off your system myself.

Shocking service. Shocking Apathy for the harm this is causing my buisness. Zero customer relations, Zero escalation. BUT YOU STILL DEMAND PAYMENT FOR SERVICES THAT ARE NOT SUPPLIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

DGC

Re: The worst service to date!!!!!! Customer care / accounts / telkom full stop.

This has been esculated and resolved. Pity it always comes to naming and shaming for action. 

Re: The worst service to date!!!!!! Customer care / accounts / telkom full stop.

Service are bad, I contacted Telkom the 27th Nov to move my line to the new address, when I followed up on the 4th the lady said I cancelled my line (I did not), then she put in a new order we waited week and half, technicians was here yesterday but could not change the line because the nr was a durbanville nr not a brackenfell nr, I called again the lady said she will sort it out and everything is fine with a ref nr, when I called this morning nothing was done, I spoke to the supervisor in the Durban branch and she said I don't have to call again everything is done, then I called again and the next branch said the line is for a normal line not a ADSL line , really I have spend more then R900 for data in this time i really don't understand I paid my account and this is the service that the client out there is receiving

Service are bad, I contacted Telkom the 27th Nov to move my line to the new address, when I followed up on the 4th the lady said I cancelled my line (I did not), then she put in a new order we waited week and half, technicians was here yesterday but could not change the line because the nr was a durbanville nr not a brackenfell nr, I called again the lady said she will sort it out and everything is fine with a ref nr, when I called this morning nothing was done, I spoke to the supervisor in the Durban branch and she said I don't have to call again everything is done, then I called again and the next branch said the line is for a normal line not a ADSL line , really I have spend more then R900 for data in this time i really don't understand I paid my account and this is the service that the client out there is receiving

To add to what has be written, I have been waiting to get my fiber, both audio and data moved since 18 October. 7 visits to the Telom Shop at Walmer Park PE have not helped inspite a assurances that all was in order. A call to the 10210 line finally got an Escalation number 1040001 after the Walmer Park claimed to have done so. I wait with anticipation but am not holding my breath and will not recomend anyone to get fiber from Telkom.

CR Masson 0413733129

I have a situation of the worst service ever among netwrok service providers. I have been trying to do a number change since the 24th of November 2017 and to date (19 December 2017) that has not been addressed. I have spoken to many customer care consultants who just apologise and give excuses after excuses but with no solution to my matter. My case number is 21928758.

Does anyone know how i can get access to the operations manager or director, or anyone who makes decisions in the company to get my matter resolved. 

I get promises for customer call backs but still no one calls me. It is almmost a month and i believe anyone can see that maybe my business is not important for Telkom to consider addressing my concerns.

HELP ME PLEASE

Can someone from telkom pleasr help me i have called telkom almost every day from the 12/12/2017. My phone line is down i have no internet connection. Every time i call telkom says the in thr process of fixing it. The line came up for 2 hours n then it eent dead again. Pleasr could someone sort this out. Telkom always provides bad service

Reference numbers: 21658253/ 21930534/ 22037462/ 22035434

@DGC wrote:

Been into the walk in centre's.............Been on the call line "customer care" for almost 7 days flat now............ 

I had a 061 number allocated for my sister, she then immigrated as one does i requested for the number to be cancelled and this is where it started. Filled in the form as required and all the other formalities to remove the number from my account. And take it away telkom.

The 061 number has been allocated to another user although it is still billed to my account.  My day to day buisness number 081 on completley unlimited package contract has been moved to a pre-paid and subsquintly blocked with no paperwork, consent, or even alerting me - i cant recieve or make calls NO SERVICE. But wait for it.................. My bill still reflects both numbers as active and certainly R1650 thats appartently owed is still in play. UNBELIEVABLE TELKOM - Calling a Spade a spade charging for a service thats not deleivered is the same as theft.

Even after viewing the workstation at the Cresta Branch (Lydia Nbubo (L) <Nbubol@telkom.co.za) and viewing the paperwork it was then tracked on there register that a Portia Tsotetsi actioned the cancellation with zero corresponding paperwork or written authority on my day to day 081 number.  

Im now told that the number will be off for 72 working hours?  until they can resolve the issue and re-instate my previously working number - of course forgettening that this my primary work number for my buissnes. Not one of your call centre agents has been able to assist, nor your walk it centres where i had to pull detail off your system myself.

Shocking service. Shocking Apathy for the harm this is causing my buisness. Zero customer relations, Zero escalation. BUT YOU STILL DEMAND PAYMENT FOR SERVICES THAT ARE NOT SUPPLIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Towards the end of August 2017, I attempted to do an upgrade to my then existing Telkom contract. I made it very clear that I was an existing Telkom customer, but the salesman insisted that I went through the whole credit/ vetting process. I was promised amongst things that I would get a non-expiring 20GB once-off data bundle, being able to port my existing Telkom number ONLY AFTER I received the new phone and also asked for SIM protection et al after I received my phone. I can go on and on, but to make a long story short, I never got the phone I wanted, I never upgraded (new contract sold to me), never got the 20GB free non-expiring free data, found out afterwards from Tthe elkom shop on the Bluff in Durban that I was not allowed to port my Telkom number to another Telkom account. When I found out about the wrong phone delivery, I asked for the contract to be cancelled and the parcel collected.

The unfortunate happened in that my brand new (wrong phone only) was stolen from my office at work in the period I was waiting for the parcel to be collected - no immediate arrangements could be made by the Telkom agent. Since then I was charged for the phone (debit order date NOT what I agreed upon) every month in the beginning for an amount reflecting the phone I asked for - I got a Samsung S8, but was charged for a Samsung S8+. This was eventually reduced after I insisted to speak to a supervisor (Nqobile Thusini - I do not know whether she had any role in that. The rest of my issues about what I asked for and did not get, she NEVER responded to, even after more emails asking for action. When one speaks to the Telkom help line, all existing queries get "escalated", and nothing happens after that.

I spent days on phone calls, emails and Telkom shops to have this problem sorted out. Eventually I attempted to cancel the contract via MyTelkoms website. I uploaded the documents, but got NO response whatsoever.

On 07/11/2017 I spoke to a Thembisile Shongwe who asked me to send the cancellation form which she passed on to me  to "cancellations@telkom.co.za" - I sent the cancellation form and a copy of my ID and NEVER heard anything from her since. On the 8th of November I still had NO response from her in terms of acceptance. I have proof that some of my emails were indeed read. On the 9th of November 2017, I received a reference number (which at this very date ONLY shows "logged"). I sent ANOTHER cancellation form to the all too familiar "cancellations@telkom.co.za" on 22th November 2017. On the 24th of November, I received another reference number which currently (and for some time now) shows Logged/ In Progress. Nothing else since then about that issue! 

After not receiving any feedback, I went to the Telkom office in Pavilion shopping centre on 11th of December and, after talking to a Siphesihle Mayiyana on the phone (she phoned me after I spoke to a very helpful young gentleman in the shop), she asked me to send her the same cancellation form (and copy of ID). I sent her a copy of the original cancellation form and copy of ID, as well as proof of existing reference numbers. To this date NOTHING has happened - NO feedback/ acceptance, NOT even after I again asked for feedback.

I have since (08/12/2017) escalated both the reference numbers online. There is absolutely NO feedback whatsoever. The phone (without ANY airtime - who on earth sells you a new phone without airtime), is still active and it should have been deactivated and service terminated with relevant feedback and correspondence.

PS. I, myself  have also attempted to port my OLD Telkom number to the new number on MyTelkom, but there was absolutely NO further communication on this issue. Since then, I heard nothing and NOBODY is prepared to be accountable for anything. I once asked for a transcription of the original telephonic conversation and was promptly told that I have to get a lawyer, since it belongs to Telkom.

@DGC wrote:

Im now told that the number will be off for 72 working hours????????????????????   until they can resolve the issue and re-instate my previously working number - of course forgettening that this my primary work number for my buissnes. Not one of your call centre agents has been able to assist, nor your walk it centres where i had to pull detail off your system myself.

By telephone i signed up for capped data costing not a cent more than R149 per month.

Alla along the amount of R149 was debited without any problems until November 2017 when an amount of R649 was deducted and in December 2017 two amounts of R964 was deducted. Tried calling the offices without success. I now received an invoice for R840. I sent in the cancellation document and a letter of disappointment 4 times together with my id with no responce. I had to carry the cost of reversing the unauthorised debits and there does not seem to relief in sight.

Our expectations from Telkom now being independant from Government is intergrity and good service  and administration.

I have no other option but to seek legal opnion to assist in the resolving of this daylight robbery.

How many other people are in this kind of exploitation.

Vincent

I reported a fault with my ADSL line on 23 November 2017. (Ref 620CTK231117). To date it has not been resolved!

I share your sentiments. Worst customer service ever!!!!!

About This Post
  • 11 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 10 Contributors