Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

ADSL too slow (less than 100kbps) :-(

[ Edited ]

10210 doesn't help! All the recording says is basically "come to this page and SHARE and ENJOY posting to members"? Are we idiots?! Telkom a PHONE company not answering their PHONE? #WakeUp

What do we pay you for?! I pay for a 2MB line and my ADSL speed is less than 100Kbps!! 

I have been on 10210 for 40min now on my cell phone...NO ANSWER! This is so unbelievably demoralizing and hopeless!

I need this for my work! Is Telkom going to pay my bills? Anything else I can do? I did restart my router etc...  :-( :-( :-(

Super Admin
Super Admin

Re: ADSL too slow (less than 100kbps) :-(

@HelpMe We have some alternative service channels available if you prefer not to phone in - 

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 181180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

Big surprise, the "talk to an online agent" doesn't work. Another useless option. Calling doesn't help. Going to store is probably what I will have to do and stand in line for an hour. Sms says "fault already reported" great but what now? Wait for Telkom to grace me with their presence? I am speechless once again at incompetency of SA parastatals and companies. The process to take your money is quick and easy...support non existent!

Va

Hahahaha! In other words. "We sell services that we can't really offer and then because South African's think that this is normal we will give them 40 different platforms to contact us when expectedly there services are down so that we confuse them they will never know what hit their wallets haha!"

Similar problem here..

We just installed a fibre line, came online last week.   Speed is very fluctuant..  Bounces from 0-10MB depending on time of day..  The irritating part is that the consistancy is terrible.. 10Mbps then 0, then 5, then 0 and so on..  Does any body know why this happens ?? 

@JudyHahn wrote:

Similar problem here..

We just installed a fibre line, came online last week.   Speed is very fluctuant..  Bounces from 0-10MB depending on time of day..  The irritating part is that the consistancy is terrible.. 10Mbps then 0, then 5, then 0 and so on..  Does any body know why this happens ?? 

@JudyHahn wrote:

Similar problem here..

I just got off the phone with telkom customer service. i have a complaint bout this slow internet. Going on for a week now Guess what they told me? Its the end of the month and they reduced everyones internet speed so everyone can get online! And its part of our contract. Wtf? This is the first time i ever heard of such nonsense! I pay for a 4 meg line. So basicly for the whole week this is happening i wont pay for the full 4 megs im entitled to. Lets see if telkom will be happy bout this. theyll prolly cut my internet. So what am i to do otherwise? Sorry. This is just so unbelievable. I cant do anything on the internet. now how is this helping anyone? I think this is happening cause they employed unskilled, uncertified people that have no clue in what theyre doing. TELKOM! GIVE US WHAT WE ARE PAYING FOR OR YOU WILL LOOSE A LOT OF CUSTOMERS!!

Regular Contributor

@Elize01, this Community is us customers helping each other, not a service channel. So firstly, tell us what product you have, and secondly what you have done so far - so we can try and help.

Sounds like you have a 4mbps line. Are you on Uncapped? Have you checked your data usage yet? Do you know if you exceed your monthly threshold your speed gets throttled to 128kbps. Check usage here - https://secure.telkomsa.net/titracker/

Also check www.telkom.co.za/terms for the AUP (Acceptable Usage Policy)

http://www.telkom.co.za/about_us/download/telkominternetacceptableusepolicy.pdf

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Elize01@HelpMe
Are your tests done with only you on the network?
Ie no one else connected, no other devices, directly via cable and not via WiFi?
Answers from each would be appreciated,
Also, 10210 is for residential help, not business help, 10217 is for business.
Much like this thread being in the business section, but I'm assuming it's a home line?

RE: @JudyHahn your fibre connection is most likely not the problem, fibre connectivity is not the same as ADSL that's affected by Noise and so on. So I highly doubt the problem is telkom-side. What router do you have? 

What @thesuspect said also applies. While this is a telkom branded community, it's a community of peers only, not one with telkom support channels.

I cant do any of those. Internet too slow. Tried but failed

Sent from my Huawei Mobile
About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 7 Contributors