Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Can't Cancel Telkom? Read Here

Telkom make it impossible to cancel their pathetic service. I've called to cancel, the automatic recording simply says I have to login to telkom online, I try that, cant remember the password, click that I've forgotten password, they then say they'll send a one time pin, it takes 20 minutes to send this through and by that time the one time pin has expired. I've called three times to have this simple issue resolved, spent over an hour collectively on hold, and every person I speak tocant help me.

Dear Telkom, please consider this a formal instruction to terminate my service. I no longer wish to use your services and I will no longer be paying for them.

I am just going to stop paying my account and never have to deal with telkom again. Good riddance!

Dear Telkom, please consider this a formal instruction to terminate my service. I no longer wish to use your services and I will no longer be paying for them. I have made reasonable effort to inform you of this cancellation but you have obstructed these efforts and so this is now my formal declaration. I no longer wish to use your services and from today I will no longer be held liable for any payment on my account for any of your services.

Highlighted

@Klement wrote:

OK, so after a year and half of struggling to cancel multiple Telkom business lines, they have once again stolen money from my business account this month. I have many cancelation references and cancelation confirmations. I have sent tons of emails, went to the branch and phoned many times. I am sick and tired of this! I have done everything in my power to get rid of them. They simply do not honor cancelations thus stealing money from us. Obviously I am not the only one with this issue. I am tired of being sent from pillar to post while the fat cats at Telkom steal my hard earned money.

I have decided that I will take this matter to ICASA, NCC, Carte Blanch, Media etc.  I need as many people who struggle to cancel to join the fight. All I need from you is your side of the story with your supporting documents. I will do the rest… I will seek legal counsel once I have all the support I need.

Let’s take them down!

If you want to help, send me a direct message.

I'm struggling with the same problem, what do we need to do??

Hi I have tried for year to get them to cancel my LTE router because I migrated to ADSL but to no avail. I have sent them hundreds of cancellation forms, went to the Telkom stores, etc but nothing.  Everytime I call them they tell me they will escalate it. ' Escalate' is the only word they know. Not sure if they know the meaning. Please, please ,please lets take this to Carte Blanche.

I cancelled my landline on 3 Feb 2018 and received a reply from Telkom, indicating a 30 day period for cancellation (very long for the digital age).  Despite the acknowledgement, I keep on receiving invoices for a line that has been unused since Feb 2018.  I logged a dispute on 23 May 2018, yet no progress at all.....

same problem i am continually being debited every 2 weeks with amounts that are not for me

Hi There, I have had no fixed line service since October 2017 and telkom didn't even attend to my fault to repair the line so I cancelled my service in December 2017 and am still getting billed to date for no service. This is extremely dissapointing and frustrating that a Corporate company has no processes in place to deal with simple cancellations.

As a result of Telkoms blunder I cannot obtain a bond and it's not fair. Whenever I call the call centre they log a dispute for me for Back office to resolve? and it then goes into a black hole and the bill still keeps comming.

Please help as to who I can escalate my query and get resolution.

[ Edited ]

Thanks Racketeer for your post! I took your advice and in July I contacted all that you suggested simultaneously. I can’t say which ones did the trick and a few I know didn’t work but after months of frustration within a few days Telkom phoned me (yes, I know it sounds unbelievable, but they actually phoned me) and about a week later I received a refund. To anyone with the same problem today I would suggest all of the following:

natcc@telkom.co.za

https://www.facebook.com/TelkomZA/

https://community.telkom.co.za/

'support@telkom.co.za'

<complaints@thencc.org.za

https://www.icasa.org.za/…/ConsumerC…/tabid/530/Default.aspx

https://www.complaintsboard.com/telkom-sa-soc-b119777

ncc@thedti.gov.za.

https://www.hellopeter.com/

consumer@knowler.co.za

Hi, I'm struggling with the same thing. Telkom doesn't cancel my account even though I've sent them multiple cancellation forms, spent hours on the phone (on my mobile) and every time the call center person assures me that it's been sorted out and that I'll be refunded and the cancellation will be rolled back to the original cancellation date... but then I just get another bill.

This is ridiculous. I agree. It's pretty much stealing. They make it impossible for you to stop the service. I'm sure that can't be legal

Hello everyone

Trying to post this again as my I cannot see my post anywhere. Not sure what happened to it.

I am absolute flabbergasted to see this many posts regarding this.

The troubling point being highlighted by this is that Telkom is both completely useless and incompetent, or they are purposefully stealing people’s money!

I have been attempting to rid myself of this leach for some time as well. I cancelled my service on 24 May 2018

What I find absolutely amazing is the fact that within two weeks following the order to cancel, Telkom personnel contacted me to confirm that I really did want to cancel. After confirming this, they proceeded to attempt to convince me to just keep a voice line with them. I declined all offers from them. At this point I was informed that they will proceed with the order and it will take up to 30 days from the original request. About two days after this, a second Telkom party phoned me and this person was very abrupt with me, again enquiring if I was sure about this as port counts are low and I might not be able to get an ADSL line again. Ensuring him that I was sure, he abruptly informed me that “ok if I am sure they will do it immediately then”

Well this did not phase me as, although I still had data left, I had heard horror stories about the cancel requests. I would rather lose a little data that be part of those statistics.

Well, needless to say that I am now part of this statistic anyway.

I am still being billed.

I am phoning every week, spending hours of my time on the phone.

Today I was informed that my line is suspended as I am not paying!!!!

I mean, uhm… DUH…..

The only number you can phone for this is the 10210 number and select billing. They are not responsible for the order completion on service cancel. They can only escalate it every time you phone. When asking for any party responsible for cancelling of the service’s contact info, the answer is that they can only be contacted internally by Telkom departments.

I have instructed the Telkom billing department to just stop billing me then. This is not possible either.

The level of abuse, exploitation and the fraudulent way with which Telkom conduct themselves is mind blowing.

About 18 months ago, prior to my switch to broadband LTE from another company, I attempted to have my line released to the holding pool to move my services to my data provider. For this I also phone many many times in an attempt to get this done. This was also never completed. Eventually I just gave up.

It is insane that they are somehow getting away with this level of exploitation and still being allowed to do business.

About This Post