Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Can't Cancel Telkom? Read Here

Thank you for this information, i have just sent my complaint to all the above email addresses. 

Since 2017 I have tried to cancel my Telkom services which are an ADSL line and Phone line, First I tried the customer portal on the Telkom website, first time I went through the whole exercise but the system would always crash before one could press the send button. I tried on numerous different computers, with different browsers and always the same result.

Next step was to phone Telkom and no matter what time I would phone after holding for 69+ minutes it was clear this was also a useless avenue, this was followed by a visit to the Telkom store in Cresta shopping center and again no help the reply: We can't do it, you must do it online"

I eventually started sending customer service call me a request - to that not one call back. This was followed by emails to their customer service to please cancel my services, it was met with no response.

The last resort: I disconnected the service and stopped paying for 2 years I heard nothing no emails, no invoices, no communications but this year Telkom roared back with a demand for payment for 2 years worth of services that I clearly did not use, that I tried to stop - So what to do? W

Pay and once again return to Groundhog Day? It seems impossible to cancel Telkom services and that one will be stuck with these parasites till the end of days - SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

good day

in 2017  March i bought a laptop Lenovo at telkom and then in March 2018 it was crashed while i was busy with my online exam and i went to telokom to inform before the warranty expired but i was told to send it to assesment centre and when i went to assemsnt centre the warranty was expired because i was busy with exams. so i was told to pay R7000 and i didnt accept and then they send me laptop as unfixed. so i sent letters to cancel the contract but up until now contract was never cancelled i am paying something that is not working ... please guys assist i even sent letters to ombudsman still no help

Highlighted
Established Member

Established Member

[ Edited ]

I am the original poster of this review, here is some feedback.

Do not think any of the advice in this thread will work. Telkom tells you how to cancel and then ignores your requests. Don't be fooled by their online dashboard or "email address" where you need to send requests. It's all lies.

After struggling with our refund after Telkom stole from us for many years on many lines, they eventually processed the refund today. We received a whopping refund of R225.15. They think this is a fair amount for charging us for multiple lines for multiple years. What a joke. It cost us more than this driving up and down and spending time to sort out this mess. The refund took about another year after the lines all eventually cancelled.

The worst day of my life, we are trying to cancel another line, and again they are extorting every penny from us. The first cancelation request on their portal was apparently unsuccessful because it's a business line and not residential. I received a cancelation reference and everything, but they do not accept this method as a valid request. Care to explain this?

Secondly, I have sent a physical cancelation to all their possible cancelation emails and have received no response. It looks like we are about to pay Telkom for another 2 years while they blatantly refuse to cancel our line. I'm sure after charging us for a couple of years while ignoring our cancelation we will get another R10 refund.

It looks like it's time to send our years’ worth of communication to Carte Blanch.

About This Post