Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
nw
Accepted Solution

Cancellation of account - Continual struggle

[ Edited ]

I requested Telkom to cancel our phone line and ADSL service on 2 July 2015. I sent another reminder on 9 November 2015. It is still not cancelled.

Moderator Moderator

Re: Cancellation of account - Continual struggle

Hi. This channel is for Peer 2 Peer support and not Service related support. Please make use of the channels below -

Should you wish to speak to Telkom, we have a few option to suit your needs.

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
output_Svao80.gif

I have also been trying for months to cancel my line. STILL NOTHING??

I dont understand why there is no one answering my emails and why there is no one that I can phone that can do it right there and then.

As soon as I can get fibre I am waving goodbye to Telkom forever!!!

I have been trying to cancel our account for more than 6 months - have sent emails, Facebook chats and have been told that the matter is settled and that we will be refunded for the months that we have paid after applying for cancellation. I just checked my bank statements and another payment went off for May 2016. My account no is: 119901889744. The cancellation order was issued and we were guarenteed that the payment would be backdated with the following reference number: 139785155A.^ZJ  Please assist!

I have requested a line to be cancelled. Have used all required processes including social media and despite countless promises that the matter will be addressed, nothing has happended. is it not illegal to charge people for a service they have cancelled in accordance with telkoms cancellation requirements. seesm like Telkom makes it nearly impossible ot cancel and generates extra revenue by charging clients 

My partner has been trying to cancel his ADSL package for the past 3 months. Still being billed to date. Everytime he speaks to a call centre agent the conversation goes something along the lines of "Yes sir but, you need to contact ..... department in order to do the cancellation on your account." Needless to say, 3 cancellation forms sent via email to Telkom, no feedback received, just continued billing. 

Obviously you guys are running a scam, it's so transparent.

39% STATE-OWNED COMPANY is pretty self explaintory I would say. THIEFS AND NO SERVICE DELIVERY. 

Expect Legal Action. I've had about enough complaining from my partner on this matter that I can stand. 

You are joking.  Have you ever tried to get hold of Telkom on the line 10210 or twitter or facebook or whatever - forget it. think they have all abandoned their stations.  Twice I got through and I was asked to email proof, which i did from their online service.  Maybe before I am 100 I will get an answer.

Highlighted

DONT TRUST TELKOM!!!. I have been trying to cancel my landline and internet for 6 MONTHS!. Spoken to Zinthle, Nangamso etc send it to their personal emails but they just conveniently forget and never again reply to any email. I am sure Telkom is doing this on purpose to scam people. So for those of you thinking about cancelling their telkom account. GOOD LUCK!!!

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have been trying to get their contact details so that i can phone them and terminate the contract i have with them. Is there anyone who can assist me. I regret the day i signed in with them.

Thanks in advance.

Thembalethu

About This Post
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 9 Contributors