Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Established Member
Accepted Solution

Cancellation of account - Continual struggle

Hi

I'm struggling to cancel a 50gb internet account that was part of a smarter home premium package. i added an uncapped internet account on my account and my package was changed to a do package, so i dont understand why cancellations department hasn't gotten back to me regarding this. also, i submitted the cancellation three times, without a response from anyone from the cancellations department regarding my query

Kind Regards

Valjon Ryan Smith 

V. Smith
Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Re: Cancellation of account - Continual struggle

[ Edited ]

Hi, @Valjon

This is not a service channel. For assistance with your cancellation query, you should try contacting 10210, or the support team on Facebook: TelkomZA and Twitter: @HelloTelkom

***EDIT*** How to Cancel a Telkom Service

Highlighted

Hi

I had to pay a fee in the beginning of R800, to get my line installed? I then moved properties and the R800 "deposit" was not paid back to me, this went off with my "double debit" for the first month.

At the new property, I wanted the line installed again as the speed could be much higher, so i went to the Woodlands branch, filled paperwork, whereafter they said all is fine for a internet/line. The technitian came to install a telephone line, i told him this is not what I wanted. I then had to log calls from myown cellphone to get through to someone to assist, debit order ran whilst I had no use of the line? I am have been debitted the first debit order and then telkom took the R800 and then debitted me again, and now there is a claim that I owe R375 ?

No where could this problem been logged. When i call the collection department to tell them, they will alsways get back to me. When clearly , the fault on the line was NEVER closed, I was billed for absoluteley nothing?

Highlighted

I have the same trouble...sent two email confirmations when I have problems with first one being sent.

Do I just leave it because I cannot spend more time on this, now I need to charge Telkom a fee for helping them to cancel the contract, takling a lot of my time where it should not.

Hope they can help!

Highlighted

Who can I contact to have my Telkom line / ADSL cancelled. No joy from servcancellations department. More than R500 waisted in cellphone calls to Telkom help numbers in past 2 months. 

Line migration went bad, and I prefer not to bore you with the details again.

no line / service for 60 days now. But still have to pay, come on, please, I need someone competent that can close this matter ASAP. Close line, not interested in "time-stalling" tactics / lies.

Kind Regards,

Tiaan

Highlighted
Moderator Moderator

Hi @TiaanR, our Community is not a Service Channel with service agents manning it. You can look at the following - http://www.telkom.co.za/today/help/home/faq/how-do-i-cancel-my-contract-or-follow-cancellation-home/

Highlighted

Dear Moderator,

if your proposed links worked as service providers, I would not be posting here. Therefore my question in simpler language.

Are there any other "fixed" contact details available to perhaps phone /contact someone in a slightly senior position that might be able to resolve the closure of an account?

all the quoted times given by the "service agents" have now passed, without any progress, therefore I assumed that perhaps this "community forum" might have recommendations as to the next steps to follow, when the service departments fail.

Highlighted

The fact is Telkom is about as faceless as they can be in order to avoid any interaction with customers. I've been trying to stop them stealing money from my account from a contract that ended months ago, instead of cancelling my account after I sent all the relevant documentation to a faceless email address, I received an invoice for an even more expensive service they signed me onto without any consent from myself. I left the country two years ago and none of the toll-free numbers work when phoning from outside the country. 

And if there isn't a Telkom service provider monitoring this account, what use is this 'service' to anyone? What were they looking for, "Misery loves company"?

Highlighted

I just want to echo this reply. I am struggling since May 2017 to get my line cancelled. I send them the needed documentation (email and fax), communicated with them (try) but to no avail. They just ignore me and do not make good on their own procedures.

I just joined the community with the same hope that somebody might be able to assist just to see the moderator make such comments. Just like the link where he refers to, this also seems like a dead end and the communication just stop and you are back to square one.

They handed me over to a company Nudebt, which I also communicated to and send all details. After that they, Nudebt, inform me that I will be contacted only after the issue is resolved but low and behold, Telkom keep on sending bills.

Why can they tell you where to go (with no avail) but simply cannot resolve a issue??

Think Hello Peter next.

Highlighted

I am having the same issue!!!!!

And I have called the centre AND emailed the cancellations email and it is STILL not cancelled. I even went onto Hellopeter and they said they would deal with it. And guess what? THEY STILL HAVENT. 

I have now simply blocked the payment to Telkom as they do not want to assist me with cancelling my account. They are VERY QUICK to sign you up. 

About This Post