Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Re: Cancellation of account - Continual struggle

I tried to cancell our telkom lines since 26 February 2018.  I know it is only a few months in comparison to some of the comments I see here.  My question - WHY?  Why do I have to send emails over and over and over again, and NOTHING are done to it.  I got a sms also today, a friendly reminder that is - that our services will be suspended - with a name and telephone number, (which rings by the way, and yes, no one bother to just answer it) -  problem is our service are out of order since a lightning strike in February, I cancelled the system then because we were warned that it might take some time to repair, and we took out a cellphone contract. 

I was warned that it could be difficult to cancell the Telkom line.  I now see that it is extremely difficult.  So my problem - if this is not somehow resolved, I might end up on the blacklist and what then.  Obviously Telkom are in no hurry to fix or cancel.  Telkom also seems like a faceless company, not bothering unless they can sell .

And yes, I tried the "THREE EASY STEPS TO CANCEL A SERVICE" as per Telkom's online help.

I can get to the Manage accounts bit, but, unless I am a blind as a bat, there are no "Cancel on applicable services" button. Why can Telkom not just give a telephone number?  Even the servcansellation@telkom.co.za and servicecancellation@telkom.co.za does not work anymore.

PLEASE TELKOM - HELP!! 

Highlighted

Hi please provide me with your details... will give a solution today...
Highlighted

Hi there! Please help me too. I have problem, I can't cancel my landline from February this year.All forms and ID was sent few times. Every month I receive the bill to pay for service which I do not use... Please help!!!

Highlighted

I have been struggling to cancel my mobile device subscription. Sent e-mail to cancellations@telom.co.za but email bounces back. Tried to do it via the web portal. says no account exists. Tried to do it through the phone get "we are experiencing technical difficulties". How do you do this? I have spent hours trying to contact someone. Everyone has "no reply" e-mails. Terrible customer service. Terrible systems management.

Tony Escorcio
Highlighted

hi.

I was informed that our area does not have Telkom coverage.
this month Telkom deducted money from my bank but I don’t even have internet at all.
how do I get my money back!!!!!

Highlighted

I sympathise with this issue.  I cannot get Telkom to understand that I DO NOT have an ASDL line at my home when that number actually belonged to a company in Strydom park.  Business tells me to phone domestic to cancel the line and domestic tells me to call business and no one will do anything.  As this is connected to my account if I dont pay my wifi will be cut off.  Am at my wits end.  Been to Telkom Office in Northgate 9 times.  They now run and hide from me as they know they havent done the correct thing.  I have now been on the phone again and it is now 86 minutes.  Who pays for this inneficiency.  Can someone tell me who to e mail or phone as this has now been ongoing since October 2019.  Many thanks

Highlighted

We have cancelled our ADSL LINE on 20 March 2020 and it was suspended on 25 April 2020. We wish to enquire about the R700 deposit paid when this was installed and how we will be able to get the refund. The reference no is 621411007A and the ID 4603155044081.

Many thanks

John L Meistre

meistre@vodamail.co.za

About This Post