Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

FTTB

We recently had copper cable theft AGAIN.  Where can I get hold of somebody for FTTB installation from TELKOM? Oficially there is no coverage on the map yet, but the complex next door has TELKOM fibre installed. The lady at the governing body of the complex refuses to tell me who she spoke to at TELKOM.

Super Admin
Super Admin

Re: FTTB

Register your interest at our Wholesale network division Openserve

Found the answer to your question? Don't forget to Accept the Solution! 

Did you like someone's contribution? Give Kudos where Kudos are due! 

Would you mind pm'ming me your GPS co-ords, I can check the Telkom fibre tool for you to see if you're within range of the SAIX via Fibre service Smiley Happy

AllWorldIT Official Representative
Specializing in Wholesale Telkom Services

Can you guys tell me a bit more about Openserve? Does it mean I will be able to choose the ISP as is the case with ADSL? Has anyone been able to successfully get a Fibre product through Openserve?

[ Edited ]

@njm-sa wrote:
Can you guys tell me a bit more about Openserve? Does it mean I will be able to choose the ISP as is the case with ADSL? Has anyone been able to successfully get a Fibre product through Openserve?

Openserve is a wholesale provider, you need a VANS license to do business with them directly.

But yes, their WFBA service lands you in IP Connect, which is the same product that delivers DSL. This [means] that you can use almost any ADSL username if you have WFBA lastmile. Remember WFBA is a unguaranteed fibre product. For guaranteed fibre you'd be looking at SAIX via Fibre which is an enterprise grade service.

Thanks for clearing that up.  So Openserve won't be something I can make use of.

Please advise the best route for me to go when advising clients to get Telkom Fibre instead of ADSL?

@njm-sa wrote:

Thanks for clearing that up.  So Openserve won't be something I can make use of.

Please advise the best route for me to go when advising clients to get Telkom Fibre instead of ADSL?

For the Telkom FTTH/FTTB (Wholesale Fibra Broadband Access) directly with Telkom, see here

- If you are with another ISP and they have access to the WFBA product, they can order for you.

For the SAIX via Fibre service, which is on the enterprise side of things (1:1 contention, guaranteed international access) you'd need to find a provider that has access and markets that product. Some providers like us have value-ads ontop of this like 100% guarantee of service and refunds no questions asked for downtime or outages.

About This Post
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 Contributors