Welcome to the
Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HEAD OFFICE TELEPHONE NUMBER

I would like a working number for TELKOM Head office in Pretoria. I have tried various email addresses at Telkom, The Chat Service on the website, Directory Enquiries ...etc etc. So far no one seems to know their head office number. Does anyone here have a working number for Telkom Head office - please.

Established Member

Re: HEAD OFFICE TELEPHONE NUMBER

PLEASE CAN SOMEBODY HELP US - I MYSELF HAVE TRIED EVERY POSSIBLE WAY TO TRY FIND SOMEBODY TO FIND OUT IF THERE ARE ACTUALLY PEOPLE BEYOND THE CALL DESK.  THE NUMBER LISTED FOR THE HEAD OFFICE ON THE INTERNET "DOES NOT EXIST"  PLEASE PEOPLE IS THERE ANYONE THAT CAN HELP US - A NUMBER OF SOMEBODY BE IT IN HUMAN RESOURCES, SOMEWHERE, ANYWHERE TO GET BEYOND THIS BARRIER OF ARROGANT IGNORANCE.

Sorry Andre, you'r thread but I just had to add to your call - it has been 5 weeks struggling the point being that besides them not resolving an issue for whatever reaso NOBODY speaks any sense or says anything of importance regards a matter reported, a non-existant service for which we are forced to pay.

Never seen anything like this in my life.......can't be true, surely ?

Valued Contributor

Hi @Andre61@SICK-OF-HELKOM

Sorry to see what’s happening to you.  I recall the terrible frustration we had last year when Telkom support channels couldn’t help us. Can't help you with service issues as we're customers in the forum , but can share how our own issues were resolved.

As far as I know their management is not contactable but we got decent feedback & results by messaging a detailed complaint to their media support :- 

Facebook: TelkomZA

Twitter:   @telkomza

and/or email to support@telkom.co.za

( our issues were resolved after we did that )

The media teams usually attend & respond within 48 hours, but if still no joy send a formal detailed complaint with your Telkom case refs to ICASA :-

http://www.icasa.org.za  

Hope this helps. Good luck - please let us know outcome .

Established Member

Thanks for the suggestions Kathy.  The issue which was one that can have a huge impact in one's life not being adressed or even comminicated about from the moment reported is what has caused the frustration.  With the amount of internet gangsters around these days certain matters deserve swift intervention - as in the case with a bank ATM card or such which can be locked immediately and if need be replaced soon there-after.  Telkom has absolutely nothing in place regards hacking especially regards personal email acounts.  That is a huge problem, although two email adresses were provided to deal with Internet problems - riskman@telkom.co.za & abuse@telkom.co.za.  Dozens of emails from an different service provider I had to join to communicate with them - not a single response neither corrective action.  Nothing, including from support@telkom.co.ca neither esccentre@telkom.co.za (complaints)  This is a problem the mere fact not a single avenue besides the 10210 numbers have been functional in the last 5 weeks of my issue which aparently is also being reported by other customers. 

The only assistance to date have been the efforts "in vain" of the call centre supervisors - they even have an issue being able to contact the actual department that is supposed to resolve technical matters.  The feedback I received today the first in 5 weeks that does not say "matter being attended to" is that there is a problem and that is being investigated.  That is not good enough......whatever they have been doing has taken weeks - the customer need their service for which they pay to work whichever way they fix it.  The reasons or causes for whatever the failure's were are for their information so as to prevent others going through such frustration.  the solution is what the customer deserves.  After 5 weeks there is no way there cannot be a solution for an issue as reported.  However, the initial issue has turned from one of being a technical problem to that of dealing with a company secured by "monopoly" that has become dysfunctional and inefficient by operation.

Just feel that this experience needs to be put out there - what I have noted here is fact and if there be anyone from Telkom management reading this feel free to contact me and I will hand over all the correspondence and it can be looked up how many hours has been spent on their call-centre lines.

Thanks again Kathy, be it this is resolved or not the focus has changed as to finding a service provider with at the very least a more logical and functional support system.  When Telkom intenet has worked it was fine, the moment it breaks the thought of having to go through all this stress is demoralising.  Each and every time there has been an issue be it general network or system failures it has cost time and frustration.  This is the absolute worst that was unimaginable and a huge eye-opener as to how dysfunctional this company has become when things go wrong.  Or lets say those within, company and equipment surely is fine.

Good Morning and thank you for the info. Used the Support e-mail - it is
not an operational email. I presume it was used and Telkom closed it down.
I am not on twitter. Used the Facebook site (Telkom SA) , I commented on a
post they did stating that it is easy to get hold of Telkom. My 2 posts
have not yielded the information requested, sadly. But thanks. We hope
someone can assist and I am pretty sure people at TELKOM are on this
community as well - surely they can get the info and post it.

--
*ANDRé *
Established Member

Have given up.......into the sixth week email still not working including a new one opened - both being billed for.  Including the LTE that was supposed to be cancelled. To pay any more with time, hours upon hours every day on the line and dozens of messages it's just not worth it.  Just let it be maybe we don't get it but this situation is certainly not out of line relative to the state of the country at present.  Tried calling the numbers listed for Minister of Telekomunications - one goes stroight over to music the rest which are PA's etc every one rings then goes to voicemail.  To continue persueing this will be to make oneself ill andbegin using foul and derogratory language if that would ever make a difference.  

Valued Contributor

Hi @SICK-OF-HELKOM@Andre61

Agreed, much sympathy to you. We were extremely relieved when our fibre upgrade was eventually sorted last year. 

As you say, everything caves in when  an issue involves different Telkom departments. Most support agents did their best to help us but they’re stymied by the lack of decent system interfacing between divisions. Seems Telkom’s all powerful ’ back office’ mislaid its gold codes & left the building with Elvis.  

That being said, it did turn out (for us) that Telkom was still the best option after a couple of nightmare weeks last year. We’ve since had zero issues with a fast, stable, connection for over a year now . What a relief.

Telkom support doesn't man this forum  & cancellation can also be very difficult,  so before you throw in the towel do give this a last try … submit a detailed complaint to ICASA - have seen that often gets good results:-   

http://www.icasa.org.za 

To that end - some snips here you might find useful :- 

Telkom_Mobile_Subscriber_Terms_And_Conditions.pdf

10. SUBSCRIBER ASSISTANCE, COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES 

This section sets out how you the Subscriber can contact Telkom Mobile for assistance and how you must lodge a complaint, should one arise. 

• 10.1  Telkom Mobile provides customer care to all Subscribers during office hours , excluding times when it is unable to assist due to reasons beyond its reasonable control.
  • 10.2  The Subscriber must, once it experiences any trouble with any of the Selected Mobile Goods and/or Selected Mobile Services bring the suspected problem to Telkom Mobile’s attention by contacting the relevant customer care office at the number listed on the Telkom Mobile Monthly invoice and website. The suspected problem will then be logged and detailed, and the Subscriber will be provided with a reference number.
  • 10.3  Telkom Mobile will use its best endeavours to attend to the complaint as soon as possible, which depending on the complexity and nature of the suspected problem, as logged, as well as resource/manpower availability, but subject always to the minimum service standards set out under the Minimum Service Standards.

TELKOM MOBILE
SUBSCRIBER STANDARD TERMS & CONDITIONS 

10.4 Where a Subscriber is of the view that the matter has not been resolved to the satisfaction of the Subscriber, the Subscriber will have the right to elevate the matter to the Authority, which can be done by contacting either: 

• 10.4.1  the complaints website http://www.icasa.org.za and selecting the tab “complaints” or
  • 10.4.2  by email at consumers@icasa.org.za

10.5 The above rights set out under clauses 10.1 to 10.4 is without prejudice to both Parties’ respective rights to pursue a complaint or action in any other forum which has jurisdiction over the matter including the rights to submit the complaint, dispute or action to the National Consumer Commission or to arbitration. 

Established Member

Thanks Kathy, will give it a try.  Still dumbfounded how this is possible and who put such a rediculous system into place.......obviously they must be aware of how dysfunctional this company is hence making it impossible to contact anyone.

All those with issues here whatever they are should combine and focus on the fact you cannot get past their "front-line" when there are issues.  That includes the Telkom walk-in stores.  The one in Adderley Street in Cape Town is a prime example there-of.  The problems are not the folk answering the various call centre numbers but those that are supposed to actually be working.  All these issues everyone has are mere symptoms of their set-up as there is no acountability for incompetence besides we the customer the manner we are impacted by inconvenience, cost, wasted time and frustrations.

Valued Contributor

Hi @SICK-OF-HELKOM

Hope you came right,  yea extremely frustrating when no proper support can be found. 

Did you get sorted eventually?

Highlighted

can someone please assist me...can you please advise what exactly i am paying for on my telkom account.

i have not requested and ADSL line, i do not you telkom data but i am being charged.

i have called several times, and everytime they put me through to someone that cannot assit me.

can someone please call me urgenlty, i am not happy about this at all.

natasha 

About This Post
  • 10 replies
  • 7 kudos
  • 5 Contributors