Telkom Community

Get involved. Problem solved.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
NCC

How to contact Telkom

Hi,

In seperate posts here I have mentioned my issues with getting Telkom to sort out my ADSL issues in town. I'm not going to elaborate there, what I want to find out is if someone knows how to contact the Telkom second tier agents, well Telkom directly.

Turns out, all the 1021? numbers are contracted out by Telkom to 3rd party companies. So the call agents you speak to are not employed by Telkom. Also turns out that the SMS system does not work. This was confirmed by senior Telkom agents. Although you get a reference number, this apparently just sits in the call centre and doesn't get to the Telkom Main frame. The Telkom agents at the exchange affected are notified, but not further.

When you escalate the matter at the call centre, you are still not speaking to Telkom, but the 3rd party agents managers. They in turn do not have access to the diagnostic programs to run tests etc that Telkom managers can. So even when it's escalated you are still relying on them posting on the Telkom Main frame, or contact the right Telkom manager.

And, to make matters worse, the 10217 agents you innitially speak to, most of the time, don't fill in the details on the system, so nothing is recorded. Mainly becasue they assume that becasue the VOICE call IS recorded that there is then no need to type your querry into the system, and the right boxes or links are not completed, so all that is recorded is that you phoned in, your number. They don't TRIGGER the issue on the system. SOOO when you do escalate it, like I did, the manager has NOTHING to go on. All he can see is you called 15 times in the past 20 days with issues. The escalation manager then needs to start afresh and wants you to reset your router, check your line, etc, which you already know is not the issue as the whole town is out.

Anyway - I discovered all this because Adam who is a Manager employed by Telkom, not a 3rd party call centre agent. He confirmed the issues with the SMS reporting system. He also confirmed the shortfalls of reporting issues like I had through the 10217 number. When Adam ran a test on the Exchange in our town he was SHOCKED at the poor performing Exchange. THis words were one of the worst he's seen. He was surprised that the call centre had left the issue SO long as it's been all of December and January, but also said that because the call centre don't log things correctly, it's understandable.

So for common issues, like line specific faults, or account issues, or port specific issues, or account issues like throttling etc, the 10217 and sms system are fine. But for issues like we are having, where the actual Telkom Exchange goes down so often, these contacts are no good and you will get NO solution.

Unfortunitly, Adam called me, so I dan't have his number or mail. So I can't get hold of him. He offered me BRILLIENT solutions that based on what we discussed WILL work, but unfortunately he left it with that he will get someone else in the right department to call me to set this up. No-one has called, so now I need to let Adam know I haven't been contacted so that he can get it to happen.

So how can we, when the call centre, and escalating the matter, doesn't work, as is the case with me, how do we get hold of a Telkom Manager to follow it through to solution.

PS: There is no Telkom office in my town. Well no Telkom customer walk in centre. The office has the exchange and is for the Telkom technicins and staff only. They have NO routers, consumables etc. Our nearest centre is about 1.5hrs away, in a totally seperate town so when I have town specific issues, the other town can't help. (Obviously)

So I need to get hold of TELKOM higher up, and it really is justified as it's already been confirmed by those at Telkom who can see, that the Exchange has MAJOR issues. The solution, I think Adam called it, UNIFIED, is a good one, that my router will fail safe over to a cell sim card when the land line adsl goes down, WILL work. But how do I set this up, where do I get the sim card from, how is it linked to my current account etc. Like discussed with Adam.

Any ideas anyone?

BDC

Re: How to contact Telkom

[ Edited ]

Hi there

I have emailed all email addresses available, phoned all numbers provided and event went into telkom’s office in our mall for assistance and still have not received any feedback....

the managers email address in Nelspruit is **edit** maybe email him your enquiry to escalate and ask him to respond asap

Va

Wow. All of this work for a service you expect because you pay a pretty penny for it.

What a disgusting system that Telkom is as a service provider.  I need to report a problem on my fibre network and can't find a contact number online!!

Moderator Moderator

@Zero30925 Telkom has a few channels available to report a fault:

• Contact us on our Social Media Channels
  • Chat to an Agent (an online chat with a Telkom representitive)
  • Reporta fault via SMS:    SMS "SERVICE" and your landline number to 30591. (SMS at no charge.)
  • Call the Call Center
    • Mobile: 081180 (free from a Telkom Mobile phone)
    • Home:   Sales - 10213  & Service - 10120 (free from a Telkom landline)
    • Business: Sales - 10213 & Service - 10217 (free from a Telkom landline)
  • Email us
  • Find a Store
output_Svao80.gif

You people are seriously usless. Did you ever think to perhaps have an international contact number. for someone who needs to deal with a problem or purchase a service in South Africa Whilst overseas....     Ive been trying for a week to get hold of someone...   seriously make a effing plan.

Moderator Moderator

Hi @Khyle, we have some online channels as well - 

output_Svao80.gif
Regular Contributor

@Khyle found this on a site -

For accounts and billing enquiries
Dial 10210

International Customers - Contact Number: +27 12 311 3911

For faults:
Contact Number: +27 12 678 5580

You might also try +2710210 or of course the Online Chat or Facebook pages...

We are about to cancel our business lines and ADSL due to lack of service! 

I cannot message your facebook page because I complained about the service - your solution to unhappy customers is to block them?

I have been on the phone to telkom every day since the 4 April and our ADSL is still not fixed!! 

I was on hold for over an hour yesterday and today has been over 2 hours so far. 

I have spoken to 3 of your useless agents - one tried to transfer me and just put the phone down, one cut the call when I asked to speak to a supervisor and the the other one wants personal information to confirm business details - my personal details will not be on your system it is a BUSINESS account and I have provided all the business details they could possibly need. 

Your online chat no one responds to EVER!!!

I have now had enough of your disgusting service what do we have to do to get this sorted out? 

We phoned Telkom on the 29th of December 2017 to ask them to come and move our line as we are moving. They gave us a reference number ********** 71A. Then they told us we must email them a letter as the line is on my mom name on the 3rd of Jan 2018. On the 4th of Jan 2018 I phoned them and they said it will take 5-7 working days on the 16 of Jan 2018 I went to Potchefstroom Telkom and asked about the line, the lady informed me that it takes 21 days to move a line. I phoned again and again and still no line was moved. Every time they give me a different ref number eventually we received a message that stated they will come and move the line on the 5th of Feb 2018 and it will be the whole day. That never happened I phoned Telkom again and the lady phoned the technician and he stated that he never received an message to go and move the line. On the 9th of Feb 2018 and still nothing from Telkom. We are fed up with Telkom they can't even give you a manager's number. The email address they gave us does not even work. Today is the 13th of February and still the problem is not fixed i spoke to the supervisor of the area yesterday and they where suppose to move the line on saturday 10th of February. I've emailed i've phoned and we are still back to square one

About This Post
  • 17 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 15 Contributors